Login RegisterFAQ
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
Anyone have any abandoned buildings, industrial sites or any places of interest in Victoria. Preferably close to melbourne CBD, or western suburbs.

Thanks for the help :D
By
3 Reply with quote Permalink
Yes we do.
Wander often. Wonder always.
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
Sure man, 383 la trobe has been abandoned for year. Hop the fence out back and go in that way, plenty of easy access from there.
IG: zero.given
By
Thanks heaps. Will check it out for sure.
By
good luck with that one! :lol:
By
Bahahahaha
By
2 Reply with quote Permalink
@qwertyuip456 383 La Trobe St is the Federal Police. Please don't urbex there :-o

I am newish to urbex, however I am a longtime geocacher which certainly has assisted in knowing what is abandoned and discovering new places to explore.

Look out for places that look neglected, run-down, broken windows, garden overgrown, or things that maybe look like they haven't moved in months. Soon enough you will get a knack for it!
By
I'm searching for the Wormhole.
PLease pm me if you can help with location.

Thanks.
NOTHING HERE
By
twodogs wrote:I'm searching for the Wormhole.
PLease pm me if you can help with location.

Thanks.
You joined the forum yesterday, made one post and are already asking for locations. Poor form. Wormhole is an easy find, look harder.
By
-2 Reply with quote Permalink
@Vicinity
I fail to see how asking for access/location to a site is poor form.
I joined the page because I want to share the sites that i have and likewise would expect that other fellow UEGA members would be motivated to do the same.
Poor form? I think that would be joining a group like this and not sharing with each other.
Yes we need to be careful as authorities don't even know where some of the best sites are and this is why I also asked for a return message or PM with info on the Wormhole.

Thanks for your comment #Vicinity but I think it is poor form to reply with "Look Harder".
Not very constructive and not in the spirit of fellow UEGA members.

Anyone know of info on the Wormhole please pm me.

Thanks.
NOTHING HERE
By
twodogs wrote:@Vicinity
I fail to see how asking for access/location to a site is poor form.
I joined the page because I want to share the sites that i have and likewise would expect that other fellow UEGA members would be motivated to do the same.
Poor form? I think that would be joining a group like this and not sharing with each other.
Yes we need to be careful as authorities don't even know where some of the best sites are and this is why I also asked for a return message or PM with info on the Wormhole.

Thanks for your comment #Vicinity but I think it is poor form to reply with "Look Harder".

Anyone know of info on the Wormhole please pm me.

Thanks.
You've not been doing this very long if you think that's how it works. In order for people to send you spots, you first need to gain people's trust. Posting on a forum twice and then asking for everyone to tell you where something is is poor form because it looks like you're just trying to leech spots, which you probably are. You've signed up for an account here but you haven't shared anything yet, your 'fellow' UEGA members have all shared photos and advice before being given any help. This isn't some group where we sit in circles and hold hands and tell everyone how to get into every site we've ever visited. Its a great place to discuss ue and share photos, but it is not a club, and its not a location sharing forum. Additionally, this is a public forum, everyone can see it so at least you asked for a PM. As far as anyone on here knows, you've never done anything, because you haven't shared a single photo or story.

As for my look harder comment, you don't get to say what is and isn't in the spirit of UEGA given your very short time being here - I don't get to either, Im not here heaps. But yes, you need to look harder because I managed to find where it was located with google just then and you should be able to as well. It's called urban exploration not urban tell me where all your spots are

/rant
By
dont make/take it personally (probably too late) twodogs, its always a race to see who gets to respond to a new members request for locations first, with an angsty cut&paste. some have some tact, some don't.
The general feel of most of them is:
* Get out there and have some fun finding cool stuff
* Get out there with other members, some aren't half bad and have some fun

this wormhole sounds exciting though that's for sure
By
No+Pro wrote:dont make/take it personally (probably too late) twodogs, its always a race to see who gets to respond to a new members request for locations first, with an angsty cut&paste. some have some tact, some don't.
The general feel of most of them is:
* Get out there and have some fun finding cool stuff
* Get out there with other members, some aren't half bad and have some fun

this wormhole sounds exciting though that's for sure
Sadly wormhole isn't what it used to be as their is brickwork splitting it into 3 sections now and I believe the good section isn't accessible at all any more (the grille room etc) but can't remember exactly. Bit of a shame.

But as No+Pro said it isn't a personal attack at you, I don't have any tact in these sort of situations haha
By
Not to be mean but I read your PM, looked at your profile and thought no more of it.
Google is your best friend.
The Wormhole is the old Melbourne Main Outfall Sewer (hint hint look it up)
Good luck
By
Vicinity wrote:Sadly wormhole isn't what it used to be as their is brickwork splitting it into 3 sections now and I believe the good section isn't accessible at all any more (the grille room etc) but can't remember exactly. Bit of a shame
Grill room was still easy access when I last went, though that would've been a good few months back now. Having said that though that bar has been bent for over a decade so I can't see why they'd fix it now. In my personal opinion once you see the grill room, the flap and the various aqueducts you're pretty much done. The tunnel itself is not the most interesting, not to mention rather dusty (and I'm pretty sure its not regular dust, try dried up and finely ground sewerage instead from the days when it was still in use).
By
Echo wrote:
Vicinity wrote:Sadly wormhole isn't what it used to be as their is brickwork splitting it into 3 sections now and I believe the good section isn't accessible at all any more (the grille room etc) but can't remember exactly. Bit of a shame
Grill room was still easy access when I last went, though that would've been a good few months back now. Having said that though that bar has been bent for over a decade so I can't see why they'd fix it now. In my personal opinion once you see the grill room, the flap and the various aqueducts you're pretty much done. The tunnel itself is not the most interesting, not to mention rather dusty (and I'm pretty sure its not regular dust, try dried up and finely ground sewerage instead from the days when it was still in use).
The dust on the floor of that is made from the same stuff as the "mud" on the floor of the Deathstar. If you don't think about it too much it's managable.
"Oh! That's YOUR web site!" ... "Yep, that one." http://www.uer.ca/urbanadventure/www.ur ... windex.htm
And read the damn Newbies FAQ and guide to writing a first post! viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4257&p=40693
By
twodogs wrote:Thanks for your comment #Vicinity but I think it is poor form to reply with "Look Harder".
Thanks.
Yes it is! Compleatly within the spirit! :lol:

But in all seriousness, yes, we have an unwritten rule that you need to kind of prove yourself first by sharing about your explores and yourself and when we get to know an trust you we share back. That's how sharing works.

This isn't Dial a Drain location.
"Oh! That's YOUR web site!" ... "Yep, that one." http://www.uer.ca/urbanadventure/www.ur ... windex.htm
And read the damn Newbies FAQ and guide to writing a first post! viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4257&p=40693
By
Panic! wrote:This isn't Dial a Drain location.
Can this please be the first thing that every user sees before they post a new thread asking for locations?

It's not offensive or trolling, but also tells them not to ask.
By
Nick wrote:
Panic! wrote:This isn't Dial a Drain location.
Can this please be the first thing that every user sees before they post a new thread asking for locations?

It's not offensive or trolling, but also tells them not to ask.
Yeah, I second this. It is a bit like when you go on to a web site that is for social interaction and it has a warning "This isn't a dating site."
 Post a reply
Go