Login RegisterFAQ
Ocean shore tunnels for a beginner?
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
So I was out exploring around the beaches of Sydney yesterday. I was climbing the rocks down by the water taking the more "adventurous" route to cross to the next beach, it's about 800m-1km of walking on rocks to get to the opposite beach. Anyway, around mid point through the trek I stumbled across a large pipe that was going into the cliffside, almost big enough for me to stand straight in it.
Unfortunately the tide was creeping in so I didn't have a chance to actually go inside and explore it, but I was wondering if anybody would have any experience or any tips for going through the pipes in this type of location?
By
There are lots of beach drains, it's often where the outfall is. As i'm sure you know, the entrances will be tidal, so you should only enter at low tide and knowing you will exit while the tide is still low. If you'd like, shoot me a PM with the actual or rough location and I should be able to give you some location specific advice about that drain.
IG: zero.given
By
Yer, what he said. Tidal drains can drown you if there's no alternate way out when the tide comes in. (Plus there's usually oysters and slimey crap everywhere!)
www.bom.gov.au is your friend.
By
maggot wrote:Yer, what he said. Tidal drains can drown you if there's no alternate way out when the tide comes in. (Plus there's usually oysters and slimey crap everywhere!)
http://www.bom.gov.au is your friend.
Tides will kill you! From most of the tidals I've done Sydney is not too bad though but make sure you know what's coming before you go underground and also pay attention to the previous water marks at the tidal entry as it will help you determine if you will drown or be able to swim out. ALWAYS check the tides first though
Just as evolution intended, I was designed by DFEX..

IG: @social_dfex
https://www.flickr.com/photos/dfexone/
 Post a reply
Go