Login RegisterFAQ
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
Anyone been to dreadnought lately, is it hard to access? heading there tomorrow hopefully and just don't want any unforeseen circumstances
Hopefully can get in and will put some photos up
By
It's all alarmed, has been since 08. Sometimes cops come sometimes they don't but alarms are all functional. I recommend you just stay out aha
IG: zero.given
By
Ah that sucks, thought it was just the control room that was alarmed, I've heard that they have possibly grassed over the second access hatch
By
You wouldn't be able to get in anyway with or without alarms unless of course you're the Hulk and have super human strength. Not going to go into detail but if you know where it is go and look at it and you'll know what I mean.
Wander often. Wonder always.
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
calhirv34 wrote:Ah that sucks, thought it was just the control room that was alarmed, I've heard that they have possibly grassed over the second access hatch
That's correct the control room is alarmed. The hatch you're thinking of was grassed over long ago - there is another way in however there are mixed reports about if it's alarmed or not and to be frank you probably can't open it anyways. Of the people I know that have done it most seem to think it's alarmed but I can't find any solid proof either way
By
Dreadnought hasn't been do-able for a long time from what I can tell. There are cams all around the pumping station, the control room is alarmed (I know this from experience and needing to make a speedy exit) and there's the most obvious security measure in place, which, as Echo says, you'll wish you were the incredible hulk if you go looking for the entrance...
By
Has sensors, no longer doable.
By
You could do Deathstar instead. Just need some lifters to pop the big plate...
By
Nick wrote:You could do Deathstar instead. Just need some lifters to pop the big plate...
Now that's one on my hit list.... One day...
By
Nick wrote:You could do Deathstar instead. Just need some lifters to pop the big plate...
A crane might help too. And a helicopter. Maybe some rope.
Iso of the Cave Clan
By
Yeah went to have a look at that, wasn't happy to find the massive slab on top, but I'll definitely be back with some lifters
By
calhirv34 wrote:Yeah went to have a look at that, wasn't happy to find the massive slab on top, but I'll definitely be back with some lifters
By
Hahaha definitely need 2 or 3 of them to lift it
By
calhirv34 wrote:Hahaha definitely need 2 or 3 of them to lift it
I look forward to hearing about this.
By
I will keep you posted haha
By
Dude I think you need more than 2 or 3 people more like 2 or 3 tanks
By
Well I heard CDS used a jack to get the plate up and he did Dread with only 2 people. I still can't quite comprehend how but I know nothing about jack's so yep.
Wander often. Wonder always.
By
Echo wrote:Well I heard CDS used a jack to get the plate up and he did Dread with only 2 people. I still can't quite comprehend how but I know nothing about jack's so yep.
You could theoretically do it with a $70 car jack from supercheap auto, but then you're trusting it with your life and it's gonna be a b***h to get into position...
By
2 Reply with quote Permalink
I believe those cheap car jacks are also known as "widowmakers". Lots of fun stories online!
By
But then you have another problem... are you really going to just jump in with the lid jacked up and not move it out of the way? What if it breaks way and your tomb seals shut?
By
Crispex wrote:But then you have another problem... are you really going to just jump in with the lid jacked up and not move it out of the way? What if it breaks way and your tomb seals shut?
I was just thinking that. You'd be royally wrapped helically around an axis if that happened!
By
maybe we all chip in a couple bucks and rent one of those truck cranes for a day?
By
Vicinity wrote:maybe we all chip in a couple bucks and rent one of those truck cranes for a day?
I'd be keen haha
By
There used to be 5 separate ways into the Dred. The origional access via the control room and a rope descent; via the now plate covered GATICs near the control room, via the similar grilles on the opposite side and 2 other particularly nasty ways i won't tell you about because they may be fatal without the right equipment.
"Oh! That's YOUR web site!" ... "Yep, that one." http://www.uer.ca/urbanadventure/www.ur ... windex.htm
And read the damn Newbies FAQ and guide to writing a first post! viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4257&p=40693
By
Oldfart wrote:There used to be 5 separate ways into the Dred. The origional access via the control room and a rope descent; via the now plate covered GATICs near the control room, via the similar grilles on the opposite side and 2 other particularly nasty ways i won't tell you about because they may be fatal without the right equipment.
If we're thinking of the same way in it'd be potentially fatal without having already been in the main chamber as it's impossible to tell if there's water flow already/in the near future without being in the main chamber. With that said that's still a possible entrance, just really dumb.
 Post a reply
Go