Login RegisterFAQ
Because it can kill you
By
6 Reply with quote Permalink
I got into Urban Exploration because it was a cool way to explore stuff. In an age gone by I'd probably have been an explorer, but these days everything that can be explored (without spending millions on submarines or space craft) has been explored. So it was a sense of wonder to explore stuff, to find new things, to see things no one had seen before.
Later on I continued exploring as a coping mechanism for stress and anxiety. I don't like or get on with society well. I need me time, alone time. There's so much pressure these days. Because I don't smoke, don't drink and don't use drugs I needed a cheap, easily accessible coping mechanism. Being out there alone is my coping mechanism. Be that wandering around in a drain, exploring a beautiful abandoned building, pitching a tent in an abandoned 5th floor room in Gunkanjima for a week. It is how I cope. Alone, quiet, no rules, no judgements. Nothing.
Now I explore because I know it can kill me. Having long ago lost the will to live I know UE can kill me. I know if I'm careless it will. Because I don't have the will to live but don't have the guts to kill myself I know UE can do it for me. One slip, one risk too far. It makes for some crazy explores, that death wish. Crossing the plant covered roof of a building that no one else would trust. Heading up that rust encrusted ladder that everyone would look at twice and dismiss as unsafe. Heading down the long dark drain without checking the weather forecast, and then staying when you hear the water come. UE can kill you. Sometimes I wish it would hurry up and get a move on and get it over with. Come on UE, you just try it. I'll kick you in the balls when you do.
Yeah, shitty day today. Just broke up with my girlfriend. :(
"Oh! That's YOUR web site!" ... "Yep, that one." http://www.uer.ca/urbanadventure/www.ur ... windex.htm
And read the damn Newbies FAQ and guide to writing a first post! viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4257&p=40693
By
2 Reply with quote Permalink
All the best fam, don't do anything we'll regret. It's gonna be a bit o a rough patch but trust you'll be fine.
IG: zero.given
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
Vicinity wrote:All the best fam, don't do anything we'll regret. It's gonna be a bit o a rough patch but trust you'll be fine.
Thanks. It will be, given time.
"Oh! That's YOUR web site!" ... "Yep, that one." http://www.uer.ca/urbanadventure/www.ur ... windex.htm
And read the damn Newbies FAQ and guide to writing a first post! viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4257&p=40693
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
Beautifully written piece mate. We all have reasons as to why we do what we do and I appreciate the insight as to your reasoning. Not too dissimilar to my own though I've never really thought about it to such a great length.
Stay safe.
Echo
Wander often. Wonder always.
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
Well this is dark...
Subscribe to my journal to see random exploration photos.
Where are the cat emoticons?
 Post a reply
Go