Login RegisterFAQ
St John's Orphanage Fire
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
Hood Rich
By
Sad Indeed

Wanted to do another visit of this place but hadn't had the chance. And I guess that's what happens when places get more known

If it's arson, I hope they get the guy who did it.
Just a harmless explorer. No need to waste taxes checking me ;)
By
Damn. Thanks for sharing Dross.

It's so awful what arsonists do to abandonments. So many are lost to them too.
By
Isn't this the third place to be set on fire in the last few weeks?
By
If it's the same guy ............. :evil: :evil:
Subscribe to my journal to see random exploration photos.
Where are the cat emoticons?
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
Thought I'd go up to Goulburn to check out the extent of the damage. lower floors seem to be mostly intact and undamaged. Didn't venture very far up stairs for obvious reasons. Most of it that i could see was pretty gutted, along with the roof. Pretty curious to see what they do with this place now. Only a matter of time til some idiot tries going through the top levels and falls through the roof.

Hood Rich
By
Wow this is so awful to look at.

Thanks for the update, I guess?
By
Damn. Thanks for the update.

I'm not surprised that the roof burned up so well, there was a lot of flammable insulation in there!
By
f*** me, I was going to go a few weeks back
It's such a shame to see.
By
The guy who owns this works at the local airport. He's quite pissed off that the council is refusing to let him redevelop the site. I'll just leave you all to put two and two together.
"Oh! That's YOUR web site!" ... "Yep, that one." http://www.uer.ca/urbanadventure/www.ur ... windex.htm
And read the damn Newbies FAQ and guide to writing a first post! viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4257&p=40693
By
Oldfart wrote:The guy who owns this works at the local airport. He's quite pissed off that the council is refusing to let him redevelop the site. I'll just leave you all to put two and two together.
I read previously about the site owner and his DAs and plans for the site and knockbacks from local council (luckily since he originally wanted to demolish the whole site), and when I heard about this tragic and sobering incident I thought the exact same thing.
Also, when I get enough energy to attempt to do it (It's a bit tedious), I will post my photos of the building before the fire.
By
Rantallion wrote:Isn't this the third place to be set on fire in the last few weeks?
Were there more in the area??
By
-3 Reply with quote Permalink
That's interesting.
I assumed it was just kids f*****g around in the bong room.
By
-UrbexKitty
By
That's not good; looks like the fire is all the way down this time :(
By
So sad. Seen some photos from this morning, it's all over. RIP 1912- 2016
-UrbexKitty
By
i wish i'd had time to visit when we were down there a few months ago
By
Yea mate, me too! I was planning to go there next weekend but...perhaps not now...
-UrbexKitty
By
Although it was full of boring empty rooms it was an ineresting building, but it was also a place of evil. Locations like this that have a morbid history tend to attract negative energy; its demise was expected - no one wants to repurpose a place of evil.

I'm sure all the old boys who were molested and abused there are more than happy to see it burn to the ground.
By
Kto wrote:I'm sure all the old boys who were molested and abused there are more than happy to see it burn to the ground.
I expect so as well. I bet the owner was happy to see it burn to the ground as well.
"Oh! That's YOUR web site!" ... "Yep, that one." http://www.uer.ca/urbanadventure/www.ur ... windex.htm
And read the damn Newbies FAQ and guide to writing a first post! viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4257&p=40693
By
2 Reply with quote Permalink
Devour wrote:Yea mate, me too! I was planning to go there next weekend but...perhaps not now...
The local drain is well worth the trip too
By
Damn. Shame to see it gone.
By
No+Pro wrote:
Devour wrote:Yea mate, me too! I was planning to go there next weekend but...perhaps not now...
You know I found that drain. I named it Labyrinth because the stone work section reminded me of the Paris Catacombs. Definitely worth it. Good to do on a Canberra - Sydney trip or vice versa.
By
I was actually in goulborn yesterday. Drove up there to revisit the drain and check out the orphanage after I heard of a fire in the rear section of the building back in October. Thought Id try go there again while i still could, was just 12 hours too late.
Would of liked to get some photos of the damage but the owner was hanging around there. I'm sure there will be plenty in news articles anyways. might try get back there with a drone soonish.
Hood Rich
By
Panic! wrote:
No+Pro wrote:
You know I found that drain. I named it Labyrinth because the stone work section reminded me of the Paris Catacombs. Definitely worth it. Good to do on a Canberra - Sydney trip or vice versa.
I do know that. just as good on a brisbane - canberra trip too!
 Post a reply
Go