Login RegisterFAQ
Best abandonned places to visit in/around Sydney area
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
Hellooo,

So I've been researching some cool abandoned places to explore/photograph around Sydney,
I've found a few but was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for me?

Thanks
By
Abandonments are unfortunately a rarity in Sydney, even Dunlop has gone now. May be easier to start with drains.
Subscribe to my journal to see random exploration photos.
Where are the cat emoticons?
By
2 Reply with quote Permalink
Which places have you found?

Dunlop is still accessible, as of last Sunday.
There's even less to see than before but the sunset from the upper level is nice.
Bring treats for the cats.
By
There's not many abandonments around Sydney these days, thats why i pretty much stick to drains. Im sure your research will turn up some thing. There's still a few cool places if you look hard enough.
Just as evolution intended, I was designed by DFEX..

IG: @social_dfex
https://www.flickr.com/photos/dfexone/
By
Have a quick look at hornsby quarry before it gets fully knocked down, its not too hard to access, last time I saw an old lady in there.
By
9 Reply with quote Permalink
aussiemacka wrote:Have a quick look at hornsby quarry before it gets fully knocked down, its not too hard to access, last time I saw an old lady in there.
That was probably my mum looking for me...was she holding a plate of Greek food?
Blakjak of the Sydney branch of the Cave Clan.
By
If you venture out to Lithgow, i recommend walking up the abandoned zig zag. It has only been abandoned for a few years due to bushfires but they will soon start it up again so get there quick!
By
There's plenty of places in Sydney. It depends what your interest is...railway tunnels, derelict buildings, houses, etc. A lot of places seem to have caretakers/security so it's about going at the right time. If you can, Balmain Tigers Leagues Club is a good one to go to and public knowledge, as it's been in the news recently.
finding beauty in the abandoned since '13 | facebook.com/shhsydney | instagram & twitter @shhsydney | urbex blog shhsydney.wordpress.com
By
Making abandoned places public knowledge is not a good thing.
By
6 Reply with quote Permalink
shhsydney wrote:, as it's been in the news recently.
because.. you put it in the news? theres a few people in queensland you'd get along well with! but, only a few
By
No+Pro wrote:
shhsydney wrote:, as it's been in the news recently.
because.. you put it in the news? theres a few people in queensland you'd get along well with! but, only a few
dont get the QLD comment but live close by and it's never been a problem :lol:
finding beauty in the abandoned since '13 | facebook.com/shhsydney | instagram & twitter @shhsydney | urbex blog shhsydney.wordpress.com
By
We don't generally support publishing locations publically because that's how places get trashed/locked up.
 Post a reply
Go