Login RegisterFAQ
Thinking of getting 4500 lumens LED torch.
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
Hey guys,

I think i have decided to get an LED torch over HID torch because:

- LED longer power output and brighter lm per w.
- LED lasts longer than HID.
- LED not as fragile as HID.

What are your thoughts?

Link: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/New-SUPER-Br ... 27c31958ab

If anyone else wants one i can try and see if they can combine postage and make it cheaper?.
By
I had a vision ( lol, pun intended ) and a quick search produced a working model.

Converting dolphine to LED

LOOKIE HERE

And utube HERE

I have easy access to dolphine torches and batteries :)
By
Hmmm might do some research to see what are the brightest LEDs available on the market ;) Good idea!
By
Just wondering what your reason for getting such a powerful torch is. Out 4wd'ing and spotlighting they are a lot of fun. Though in an exploring sense then i don't find them too useful. While underground your eyes will adjust and a torch that powerful will be overkill down there. And when up in industrial settings then you will just draw a lot more attention to your presence there.

Unless you have a good power control on the torch. So you can keep it dim most of the time and then boost it up high to blind the security guards while you run away :)
By
The torch i got has 3 brightness settings, :)
By
I use a LED Lenser P7 torch, and also a re-chargeable fold out 96LED worklight, which lasts over 2 hours, and can be charged via a car battery ciggie lighter jack or 24 volts.
I'm thinking of getting a LED Lenser H-7 headlamp. Anyone use one of those here?
By
 Post a reply
Go