Login RegisterFAQ
chullora bunker? - Page 2
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
Diode wrote:I hope you find the CD and post some pics, before the spooks find you.
IF the bunker exists (we have reason to think it does) then it probably isn't as abandoned as everyone assumes. There's reasons for thinking it may still be active, and jealously 'vanished'.

Anyway some pics would be greatly appreciated.
Who is we?
And
Who are you?
Wander often. Wonder always.
By
Diode wrote:I hope you find the CD and post some pics, before the spooks find you.
IF the bunker exists (we have reason to think it does) then it probably isn't as abandoned as everyone assumes. There's reasons for thinking it may still be active, and jealously 'vanished'.

My pic is on page 2 of this post and its definately not a working instalation anymore.
By
Echo wrote:

Who is we?
And
Who are you?
You're not diode from CC are you?

http://caveclan.org/nsw.html
By
peterh13, no its not. Its sw Sydney. Part of the old leightonfield site.

Interesting diode, legitematly active? Or just that people don't want others to find it active?.
By
Diode on UEGA :o
By
He hasn't replied yet, calm down. :lol:
Subscribe to my journal to see random exploration photos.
Where are the cat emoticons?
By
daeman wrote:peterh13, no its not. Its sw Sydney. Part of the old leightonfield site.

Interesting diode, legitematly active? Or just that people don't want others to find it active?.
Wow, thats got me thinking.
By
How so peter?
By
I was working for a demolition company and we pulled down some buildings on that site when it was owned by either Orica or Taubmans. It's the site of the old ammunition factory. We were only there for 2 weeks but I never saw anything vaguely related to what we are all interested in. The buildings were all about 20 years old so its got me thinking where you could be searching. I hope you find something of note.
By
You should fly to bris and find the zillmere bunker door for us. :D
By
Never heard of that one till I googled it.
By
By
Thats a very substantial posting full of good info. Something that was supposed to be so big would have required huge amounts of air and plenty of ventiation, same goes for Chullora but i couldn't find anything there except the back filled entrance.
By
I've read elsewhere that there was backfill work done at chullora many years ago due to a partial roof collapse of an underground room.
Though I believe any kind of collapse would have been a storage tank, basement or service room/tunnel. I can't see something that's designed to take aerial bombings collapsing cause a truck was parked on top...

Peterh13, with the amount of industrial development that's happens right across the Leighton field site I'd say anything of significance has long since disappeared.
That said I'd love to find some old maps and cross reference some of the buildings where I work as at least 1 or 2 may be original parts of the munitions plant.
On a side note, the former orica/ici site is currently being remediated.
By
So im Planning On going To the Backfilled Entrance Next Saturday/Sunday Maybe try and pull A rock down get a proper look
I Will come back With Many Pictures But Those Who Want Should Pm me i know this place may be easy to get too but we dont want graffers Like good Ole tubby Breaking In do we (not that he can out of a cell but you get the point) if anyone would like to join me yous are more than welcome :D But If this Does turn out to be the chullora bunker entrance ... Im taking at least one harley LOL
"No Urbex... No fun"
Syd Based
By
Well, good luck?
Subscribe to my journal to see random exploration photos.
Where are the cat emoticons?
By
Yeah i hope you find what youre looking for.
By
Just wondering if anything came out of this? any pics to share?
By
Im interested in having a poke at this one sometime..

Any luck with that buried access?

Memory is fuzzy now, but im pretty sure i remember the vents - and they would have cycled a LOT of air..
But then ive a few suspicions about why also.
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
We had a good look around there a few months ago, found the rock wall, but to make any progress you would need equipment that can lift 500kg+ stone blocks and dig into tons of rubble/backfill. All on private property that is in use 24/7. And that's IF there's anything actually there (big if).
I've personally put it in the 'too hard' basket, there's far better bunkers to explore which you don't have to move heaven and earth to get into.
Blakjak of the Sydney branch of the Cave Clan.
By
I think there may be an air vent near the entrance not far from the guards shack. I'll get a photo of it and PM it to you when I get a chance. Its still on private property and still involves some risk. (but then the best things always do, don't they.)
By
that would be great...
By
just gonna put this thought out there -
If these bunkers contain/ed what they are believed to.... then they would have needed a FAR larger access than those doors..
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
Legacy wrote:just gonna put this thought out there -
If these bunkers contain/ed what they are believed to.... then they would have needed a FAR larger access than those doors..
You don't believe the cr4p in OZ@WAR do ya? Steel doors in a stormwater canal?
Either way, if you expect to find Harley-Davidson motorbikes and air-plane parts you're gonna be sadly disappointed.
Blakjak of the Sydney branch of the Cave Clan.
By
No, far from it..
i dont believe half the stuff people publish..
If they were right then there wouldnt be the issue finding into this one.
But it is worth reading and then tracking back to find out where those rumors come from..

I do have a few valid reasons to think that there may be more access points to this however, and no need to draw on anyone elses ideas to come to that conclusion.
 Post a reply
Go