Login RegisterFAQ
Why do you chose to be an urban explorer?
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
Just wondering why people want to explore abandoned places. My reason is because we as a society have taken over everything, the only place where we can get away from societies presence is by going to the ones which society has left behind.
By
sinnisterish wrote:Just wondering why people want to explore abandoned places. My reason is because we as a society have taken over everything, the only place where we can get away from societies presence is by going to the ones which society has left behind.
Chicks dig it.
By
I don't like rule's and Sometime's you just got to say I'm doing it anyway and Chicks dig it. :lol: :lol: :lol:
By
sinnisterish wrote:Just wondering why people want to explore abandoned places. My reason is because we as a society have taken over everything, the only place where we can get away from societies presence is by going to the ones which society has left behind.
^- That, and i like to feel as if im walking back in time where it has froze for that place...
By
I do it for the scars
By
I don't choose :) once your hooked your hooked! It's not much fun trying to explain what's so interesting to see in stormwwater systems. To most people you seem, and sound like a complete loon! :D But I guess that's part of the appeal too. You get to see and appreciate things most people wouldn't get to, or appreciate even if they did.
By
I went to a place in Pt. Kembla and I got hooked. I get to see places that others usually don't. That said, I need more urbexing buddies. My torch and gumboots yearn to be underground or in abandoned buildings again.
Stupidity helps you make the first step and sense gets you out alive.
By
I can't explain why I started exploring, or how I find satisfaction in the sport, but i'v done it for years and keep going back, it's relaxation, it's education, sometimes it's defiance of some form, it's curiosity, it's a lot of things...

Some people go to Bali, some people go to the art gallery, or shopping, some people do drugs, some play footy and some go urban exploring...

Whatever floats your boat......
The explorer in the west................
By
There's 2 types of people in the world. Those who see the unknown as something exciting not dangerous, the darkness as something to embrace rather than be afraid of, and those who feel the enclosure of small spaces as something calming and 'safe' as opposed to claustrophobic and scary.

The drive to explore the unknown is what makes an urban explorer, it is either inside you or it's not. You can't 'choose' to have it.
 Post a reply
Go