Login RegisterFAQ
Underage explorer's???
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
Well let me start by saying that i say this with up most repect to our younger member's but i noticed there is a few of you wanting to go to some of these place's and it does frighten me abit that they could just join see a location and potentially really get hurt or killed. These place's are not a place for young and imachure people to play game's they are full of dangerously high places with no rails, weak floor's and stairs ready to collapse also full of asbestos, black mould and the likes and don't forget the junkie's.
Well that is my opinion I would like to hear your opinion or idea about making it safer for the youngins.
By
I always believed in using brains. If someone is stoopid enough they will get hurt even going down the road to chase a ball.

Without a doubt, any of these places could and can cause injury to those who are: A) Not approaching the site with safety in mind, B) Have no experience and go alone.

Getting into exploring as a young person is not a bad thing, as long as its with someone and is safe. No one is going to judge you for not climbing to stupid heights and going to unstable platforms, if anything you will be respected for putting safety as a number 1 priority.

I can not stress the importance of people NOT posting place addresses when discussing these places on public forum. Regardless if the place is safe or not please use private message feature and ask more experienced senior members on their thoughts of the place in question. This way the place is preserved to true explorers and keeps trouble away.

Please always remember, main and most important rules for urban exploring:

- Never go alone.
- Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footsteps.
- If in doubt, its probably not worth the risk.
- If it rains, no going into drains.
By
Good answer and yes Getting into exploring as a young person is not a bad thing as we all have to start
somewhere and the younger guy's and girl's are probably more exepting of the hobby.
By
Titan wrote:I can not stress the importance of people NOT posting place addresses when discussing these places on public forum. Regardless if the place is safe or not please use private message feature and ask more experienced senior members on their thoughts of the place in question. This way the place is preserved to true explorers and keeps trouble away.
Spot on mate, I'm glad we're on the same views.

Whenever I see ya in person I gotta have a bit of a chat with you off the record about certain things ;)
By
Yeah but the thing is, this combat18 kid is an accident waiting to happen. I get the feeling that he is doing it to be cool, and not solely because of an inherent interest of such things. His footnotes says LEAGUES about his mindset and intelligence.
Take nothing but photos, leave nothing but footprints.
By
Hey guys, im not doing this to be "cool" like you sujjest, yes i am a child but i am actually verry mature, and if i think somthing is dangerous i will NOT do it. the reason i am a urban explorer is because im curious and i like to know my citys alot better. and my footnote "one blood demands one reich" its JUST a footnote, there not my beliefs at all, im just a history junkie lol
but yeah, just thought id put it out there im not just in it for the kicks.
By
I really don't know where to start...

With that paragraph, you have just cemented my belief that you are taking this up simply for Cool-points. You are right by referring to yourself as a child, but incorrect in referring to yourself as mature. The fact that you put that put a footnote such as that, proves that you don't think things through clearly enough to be considered a safe urbexing buddy. It also shows how little you know about history or language. "Reich" in almost all dialects, translates to Realm, Kingdom, Government, et cetera.

This is the exact reason that children cannot legally vote, buy alcohol or tobacco or lighter, drive, among other things. Its because of their lack of logical and intellectual reasoning. That part of the brain is still forming during adolescence.
Take nothing but photos, leave nothing but footprints.
By
Honkey wrote:I really don't know where to start...

With that paragraph, you have just cemented my belief that you are taking this up simply for Cool-points. You are right by referring to yourself as a child, but incorrect in referring to yourself as mature. The fact that you put that put a footnote such as that, proves that you don't think things through clearly enough to be considered a safe urbexing buddy. It also shows how little you know about history or language. "Reich" in almost all dialects, translates to Realm, Kingdom, Government, et cetera.

This is the exact reason that children cannot legally vote, buy alcohol or tobacco or lighter, drive, among other things. Its because of their lack of logical and intellectual reasoning. That part of the brain is still forming during adolescence.
In having read this an agreeing with you i think all underage explorers should have a adult with them yo stop teen from being teens. There is no such think as a mature teen unless you ask one.
By
when i go out draining i dont go with an adult, but i go with a 17 year old :/ is that still counted as mature? being 17 and not 18
By
combat18 wrote:when i go out draining i dont go with an adult, but i go with a 17 year old :/ is that still counted as mature? being 17 and not 18

Sorry combat18 just want to say i am not judging you but myself at that age and how i thought i was mature
but when i look back a wasnt as mature as i thought i was. I think that some adults can be quite inmature at times to when i say adult I mean someone that you trust and you know will look out for the group and tell whoever to take it easy if need be.
By
I'm 43 and the most immature things I've done while exploring have pretty much all been done 18+

The reason why the people I have explored with for the last 25 years don't allow under 18s to explore with them is because if you get caught then you tend to get in more s***. Also if they are hurt then you're kind of responsible for them to some extent as an adult.

As dangerous as it is, teens will always want to explore stuff.

That's my 2-bob :)

You may have seen this around, but for those that haven't, here's a clip I put together a little while ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpbU-A9sEvI

or if YouTube blocks it try here - http://vimeo.com/40555578
By
Honkey wrote:This is the exact reason that children cannot legally vote, buy alcohol or tobacco or lighter, drive, among other things. Its because of their lack of logical and intellectual reasoning. That part of the brain is still forming during adolescence.
That is a generalisation. Im 16 and a good explorer, I just need a set of rules and I would follow them. My friends on the other hand would probably do very stupid things (why I don't invite them). Even people who are over 18 are immature, they get drunk and 'party' then end up in places which their lack of logical and intellectual reasoning didn't foresee.

Here's how I would rate maturity in urban exploring: If you can understand the awe of the place you are exploring then you are mature enough.
 Post a reply
Go