Login RegisterFAQ
Ex urbex enthusiast/New member on a road trip
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
Hi all!
I used to get into urbex in Germany a lot and dabbled a little when I moved back to Sydney.

Joined cuz i wanna get back into it and what better time than while on a road trip down the old new England highway from Ballina back to Sydney.

Any suggestions? We're staggering our trip a few days to duck into old towns along the way and open to anything. Ghost towns, abandoned factories or whatever really.
My partner's a cinematographer/ photographer and I write sometimes so it would be cool to see anything along the route.

Thanks y'all!
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
At Glenreagh there's a nice old rail station with rolling stock, and just south there's a mad old bridge over the Orara River that forms the start of the Dorrigo rail line. Not the New England highway but nice.
Your first tip is asking for locations wont get any replies. Urban exploration. Not urban tourism. - Echo
By
Wow!
Thanks for the quick reply. :D
You never expect these at late notice. Funnily enough, we passed dorrigo a few hours back. Saw some disused train tracks and thought about stopping and following them a while but we were makin late progress.
Thanks again for the tipoff.
By
Hello! My crew recently went separate ways due to location (One moved states, the other gone traveling abroad) and I'm keen to meetup with other urbex who are based in Melb. Particular interest in the Dandenong Ranges (few and far between explores based on the research I've done!) If your out there hit me up!
Passionately curious
By
Kaola287 wrote:
16 Jun 2020, 1:23 pm
Hello! My crew recently went separate ways due to location (One moved states, the other gone traveling abroad) and I'm keen to meetup with other urbex who are based in Melb. Particular interest in the Dandenong Ranges (few and far between explores based on the research I've done!) If your out there hit me up!
I'd recommend starting your own intro thread rather than tacking onto the end of someones who isn't even Victorian based.
Wander often. Wonder always.
By
Ah Thanks! Didn't click i'd posted this on the wrong thread. Cheers
Passionately curious
 Post a reply
Go