Login RegisterFAQ
Newbie Located near Big Ear's (melb)
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
Hi everyone, Melb newbie to the whole underground scene. Was a rower in high school and always watched people entering ANZAC and became fascinated. Only recently decided to enter ANZAC. Very cool place.

Have also been to The Maze, Tenth and Mini. On here for a bit of guidance from the pros. Got a small group of friends from school and we explore together. Bring our gf's along too.

I personally am very very scared of snakes(an irrational amount). What do others do when they come in contact? Is it rare to find them?

Looking to go into Big Ear's as soon as we can organise a rain free day and we all have off work. Anything I should we aware of? It looks as though the parkers entrance has a grill over entrance. Most people just pop off the grill on the top of the pier? Cheers in advance.

Thanks peps, hope to see u in the dark.
Bax :D
By
I've come across snakes 3 timed in 35 years of going in drains. 1 in Snakepit. 1 bunch of baby tiger snakes in Alien's and another bunch (also baby tiger snakes) in Wormhole. Probably seen a dozen snakes along waterways. I hate them as well, but just keep away from them.

Big Ears is quite unique & one of the better mostly round concrete drains.
By
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cepV5f2-MaU

There's a good way to do Big Ears' Tomb, but it involves manhole entry. Best to wait until summer, then you're not freezing when you exit.

The only time I've seen a snake near a drain was when one slithered over the top of the Rieschiecks outfall.

Are you over 18?
Iso of the Cave Clan
By
Yeah I am n my mate just got out of it we used to do abandoned buildings,caves,drains an heights or heaven spots you may know em as but I'm just looking for some more wonderers like me an down not a big fan of doing it on my own an I'm a artist in a few different ways an not always looking for a wall to get up on I just like to explore an capture others art work an places travel alot so done alot of caves overseas n I am 21
By
iso wrote:
30 Apr 2019, 10:02 am

There's a good way to do Big Ears' Tomb, but it involves manhole entry. Best to wait until summer, then you're not freezing when you exit.

The only time I've seen a snake near a drain was when one slithered over the top of the Rieschiecks outfall.

Are you over 18?
Thanks for the link iso haha. Yes I am 27 and so are my friends. Good idea on hitting up Big Ear's in summer but I am too excited to hit it up knowing it's under me right now.

Will see you around.
By
ironfistdoug wrote:
28 Apr 2019, 10:35 pm
I've come across snakes 3 timed in 35 years of going in drains. 1 in Snakepit. 1 bunch of baby tiger snakes in Alien's and another bunch (also baby tiger snakes) in Wormhole. Probably seen a dozen snakes along waterways. I hate them as well, but just keep away from them.

Big Ears is quite unique & one of the better mostly round concrete drains.
Hearing this has actually put my mind at ease knowing how uncommon running into snakes is. A hiker would probably have more run ins.

Thanks I will let you know what I think of the drain when I head up it.
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
bax0001 wrote:
05 May 2019, 4:42 pm
iso wrote:

Are you over 18?
Thanks for the link iso haha. Yes I am 27 and so are my friends. Good idea on hitting up Big Ear's in summer but I am too excited to hit it up knowing it's under me right now.

Will see you around.
It goes without saying, but make sure you check the weather radar beforehand. Draining in winter usually sucks because it rains more often.
Iso of the Cave Clan
By
2 Reply with quote Permalink
iso wrote:
05 May 2019, 7:19 pm
bax0001 wrote:
05 May 2019, 4:42 pm
iso wrote:

Are you over 18?

Will see you around.
It goes without saying, but make sure you check the weather radar beforehand. Draining in winter usually sucks because it rains more often.
Although most deaths occur during summer storms
By
Yeah only cause most people don't expect it to rain in summer
By
Retro wrote:
07 May 2019, 2:44 am
Depends where you live I suppose. I used to live up in QLD and January was when we had most of our floods.
Wander often. Wonder always.
By
Retro wrote:
07 May 2019, 2:44 am
It rains heavier.
In winter generally the rain is lighter so the system can handle the rain for longer. I've heard of quite a few experiences of people getting caught in winter floods and wading out (still very dangerous) whereas Bob at NGCD, the Fortress deaths as well as the Brisbane drowning... well sadly the water rose so quickly that there wasn't much time for wading.
Regardless, when it rains, no drains.
By
I'm from Melbourne man used to the four seasons in day but usually we get a good half summer with no rain.
By
Dose anyone actually know where the bigear is located would like to do my music video clip there
By
I just checked, there's actually enough information available via Google to figure out where it is. Think of it as a brainteaser.
Iso of the Cave Clan
By
iso wrote:
09 May 2019, 3:11 pm
I just checked, there's actually enough information available via Google to figure out where it is. Think of it as a brainteaser.
Yeah that's good to know thanks for the heads up I always like a challenge
 Post a reply
Go