Login RegisterFAQ
Abandonments in Adelaide.
By
2 Reply with quote Permalink
Hi guys, it's me again.
I have just completed my 2nd exploration (The darkie) and would like to know about some abandonments that would be good for a beginner like myself. Any and all hints of locations would be greatly appreciated, as being the locations outright takes away the exploration part of the hobby.
Thanks-Grimbo.
Follow me on insta, @grimb0
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
its a good time for drains (not my fav of places) but nt the best time for abando's as warm nights has more people out walking and so on. sound also travels on still nights so much easier.. as for locations, scout all the images on pages like this, awesome adelaide, autopsy of adelaide and places as such. and look for markers, give aways and even buiding locations and layouts and compare to google earth. scour old trove articles and newspaper articles on new developments or rezoning. the chase is half the fun :) cheers tommo
never die wondering ;)
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
tommo wrote:
07 Jan 2018, 6:36 pm
its a good time for drains (not my fav of places) but nt the best time for abando's as warm nights has more people out walking and so on. sound also travels on still nights so much easier.. as for locations, scout all the images on pages like this, awesome adelaide, autopsy of adelaide and places as such. and look for markers, give aways and even buiding locations and layouts and compare to google earth. scour old trove articles and newspaper articles on new developments or rezoning. the chase is half the fun :) cheers tommo
You ripper!!
Follow me on insta, @grimb0
By
2 Reply with quote Permalink
Unfortunately here in sa the number of big abandonments that have the cool factor keeps dwindling as many have been demolished in the last 15yrs :( gone are the hay days! Now its more smaller finds
never die wondering ;)
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
So true re the demos - some of the smaller finds are still super cool though, especially when there is some archaeology to explore!
Also, you want to get on to some of the sites that have more recent sat images than google earth too - eg terraserver
 Post a reply
Go