Login RegisterFAQ
Brisbane Cave Clan/groups?
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
Does anyone know if the og Cave Clan or any groups are active in the Gold Coast/Brisbane area? I've tried to contact a few people but have had no response. Anyone part of any new groups that would take on new members? (I'm not new to the scene, just want to join some communities groups as I'm not always comfortable exploring by myself)

Would love to hear from anyone, I need some buddies!
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
Don't mind Donutman.

Your best bet is to send an email via the Cave Clan website and hope for a response. Otherwise put yourself out there. Here isn't the best platform for it. Instagram or such is a far more fluid vibe. If you can show experience you should be able to find some people.
Wander often. Wonder always.
By
The Donut is angry haha.

Yeah I'm following/posting in the urbex scene on instagram but everyone is really hesitant to get in contact or even interact. Ive sent an email but I don't have high hopes.

I do value how secretive everyone is but goddamn I'm not asking for locations I just don't feel comfortable exploring alone anymore as I've had some bad encounters from being by myself rip. I'll keep being active and hopefully one day it will pay off - thanks :)
By
Nyraxx wrote:
06 Aug 2020, 12:52 pm
... I just don't feel comfortable exploring alone anymore as I've had some bad encounters from being by myself rip.
i almost always go on my own, so dont mind me asking but what kind of bad encounters are we talking bout here?
By
Fudoh wrote:
07 Aug 2020, 2:01 am
i almost always go on my own, so dont mind me asking but what kind of bad encounters are we talking bout here?
I'm a girl so I feel generally unsafe by myself haha - I've just had some nasty squatters follow me around and "flirt"/harass me and being by myself in a place in the middle of nowhere (I was in the country at the time). I know it's not insanely bad but I just prefer to be with someone yknow? Plus I'm 5'3 and tiny so I'm not the most intimidating!

Also yknow, I would hate to fall and die while scaling a building and go down in history as a missing persons case :)
By
3 Reply with quote Permalink
If you're 18 or older send brisbane cave clan an email. Can find contact info on the cave clan website. They probably aren't running newbies expos or very active currently. But reach out and be known and someone will probably get back to you eventually.
Instagram is a good place to start networking with local explorers too.

edit: read thread properly and see you have done both of the above lol. Post photos on insta, get to know some people and surely someone up there will explore with you.
Hood Rich
By
@Dross I figured as much with the in-activeness - I don't think it's been overly active in years from what I've seen on the web.

Just thought I'd put the word out there honestly and see if anyone contacted me. Otherwise I think it's a matter of finding people/their tags and seeing if I can find them that way. And I'm aware a web presence is important for credibility haha. Thank you all for responding though!
By
They're very much still active.
Corona has put the brakes a few things, please stay on the line and one of our customer service reps will be with you ASAP..

*just safely enjoy your exploring in the meantime.
By
Nyraxx,, bris cc is definitely still active , maybe swing another email there way if they haven't responded.
. As dross said if your 18 or older that is,,covid has definitely made things a little quiet in regards to group/large number expos I imagen
By
Referring to me? that i'm angry?
By
Nyraxx wrote:
06 Aug 2020, 12:52 pm
The Donut is angry haha.

Yeah I'm following/posting in the urbex scene on instagram but everyone is really hesitant to get in contact or even interact. Ive sent an email but I don't have high hopes.

I do value how secretive everyone is but goddamn I'm not asking for locations I just don't feel comfortable exploring alone anymore as I've had some bad encounters from being by myself rip. I'll keep being active and hopefully one day it will pay off - thanks :)
There is a good chance you are on a mailing list and will prob receive an email when they do the NEWB nights....not everyone gets an email though if they find you in poor character :D
By
Sorry, just saw this @Ferret

I sent a message just asking if they were active so I might shoot through a proper "resume" type thing they ask for. Thanks for keeping me in the loop guys, I very much appreciate it :)
 Post a reply
Go