Login RegisterFAQ
ABC radio wants me to
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
ABC news radio wants me to do a live interview on friday about urban exploring...You guys got any do's or don'ts or what to say and what not to say?
By
5 Reply with quote Permalink
Rule number one when talking to media....don't say you visit other peoples property or break and enter a place that you don't have permission....the last thing you want to do is admit to criminal activity's....it WILL bite you on the arse

Most of us avoid media coverage for good reason...i get messages sometimes from old forums asking me to do the same thing and i just delete them
By
yeah i know about the invisible barrier of properties even if the door is missing
By
2 Reply with quote Permalink
Avoid them like the plague!!
Nothing the media do or say will put a positive spin on urbex it's in their best interest to discredit it at every opportunity and they will make you look stupid in the process!!
Just my thoughts though
By
Agreed...you really need to know what you are talking about to them...i would avoid them completely.....i guarantee they are not going to glorify it...
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
Also agree. There's a good reason that many corporate workplaces do media training courses for employees.
By
I'll see how it goes if they ask stupid questions or entrapment questions i'll just hang up
By
The interview went really good
By
Got a link or recording?
By
By
Did you contact them first? Just curious man, it seems like you are trying to make a career out of this but I can see mainstream media taking advantage of your eagerness and twisting your words.
By
Yeah mate you freely admit that you have only been doing urbex for a couple of months??
If you know next to nothing about a subject you really shouldn't opt to be interviewed on that subject.
I Get you are after some kind of Public profile here but maybe stick with your ghost hunting?
By
Hahahaha you an expert after all hey
By
_cedz wrote:
11 May 2018, 2:31 pm
Did you contact them first? Just curious man, it seems like you are trying to make a career out of this but I can see mainstream media taking advantage of your eagerness and twisting your words.
Nah they contacted me...And yes i have said it b4 i am wanting to make money from youtube i aint hiding it.
By
Once mainstream media get on your case you'll wish you were anywhere else. Been there, done that. The stress so wasn't worth it.
Wander often. Wonder always.
By
Echo wrote:
11 May 2018, 3:37 pm
Once mainstream media get on your case you'll wish you were anywhere else. Been there, done that. The stress so wasn't worth it.
Stress about what?
By
Lone wolf wrote:
11 May 2018, 3:13 pm
Yeah mate you freely admit that you have only been doing urbex for a couple of months??
If you know next to nothing about a subject you really shouldn't opt to be interviewed on that subject.
I Get you are after some kind of Public profile here but maybe stick with your ghost hunting?
I not after no public profile but maybe 1000 subs atleast on youtube.
By
3 Reply with quote Permalink
Devils Donuts wrote:
11 May 2018, 3:48 pm
Echo wrote:
Stress about what?
When you choose to step outside the boundaries of what society views as legal it will forever be an uphill struggle to convince them otherwise. However I would always encourage someone to follow their heart. I just think you have to be in it because your heart is in it not because you want to make money from it or something along those lines. That mindset might get you there eventually but is money a sustainable motivation to possess? Some feelings are not for sale. I feel like you made a point of saying 1000 subscribers because that's the threshold to start monetizing your videos.
The price of fame is so much higher than you may yet realise. I wish you the best however.
Find what you love and let it kill you.
Wander often. Wonder always.
By
Echo wrote:
11 May 2018, 4:04 pm
Devils Donuts wrote:
11 May 2018, 3:48 pm
Echo wrote:
Stress about what?
When you choose to step outside the boundaries of what society views as legal it will forever be an uphill struggle to convince them otherwise. However I would always encourage someone to follow their heart. I just think you have to be in it because your heart is in it not because you want to make money from it or something along those lines. That mindset might get you there eventually but is money a sustainable motivation to possess? Some feelings are not for sale. I feel like you made a point of saying 1000 subscribers because that's the threshold to start monetizing your videos.
The price of fame is so much higher than you may yet realise. I wish you the best however.
Find what you love and let it kill you.
I aint solo'ly doing it for money but if there is money there to be made doing what you love and are passionate about then why not? Everyone has a reason for doing what they do and want some recognition of what there doing otherwise you wouldn't share you photo's or video's.I share mine to the public and want ppl to watch them,these places aren't going to be there forever.
By
Last edited by Devils Donuts on 11 May 2018, 4:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By
By
2 Reply with quote Permalink
just my opinion but i think the only way you are going to be successful as a youtube explorer is to find a place of interest...track down the owner and get permission to do a story on it...then there is the O,H,S loops to jump through...anything other than that is Illegal and will backfire on you eventually....

As for the reason i love Urbex its the thrill and risks that come with it...the constant looking around to see if anyone saw you enter a location...the adventure of finding a new place and venturing inside to find the unknown....the risks of injury or death ever present in the back of your mind as you climb down a ladder into the darkness....i couldn't care less about money...i just love dark places to climb into :D

The movie GOONIES made me this way watching it as a kid...i still love the movie :D
By
Ferret wrote:
11 May 2018, 5:09 pm
just my opinion but i think the only way you are going to be successful as a youtube explorer is to find a place of interest...track down the owner and get permission to do a story on it...then there is the O,H,S loops to jump through...anything other than that is Illegal and will backfire on you eventually....

As for the reason i love Urbex its the thrill and risks that come with it...the constant looking around to see if anyone saw you enter a location...the adventure of finding a new place and venturing inside to find the unknown....the risks of injury or death ever present in the back of your mind as you climb down a ladder into the darkness....i couldn't care less about money...i just love dark places to climb into :D

The movie GOONIES made me this way watching it as a kid...i still love the movie :D
I plan on doing a history doco in the suburb i live in,about the attempted murders,murders,suicides and such,finding "abandoned" and forgotten places is just apart of my passion for history and the soon to be forgotten places.I'm not after the thrill of it if i get caught or not i love it for what it is and what it use to be (history) And maybe along the way of finding places they might be haunted lol thats always a thrill.
By
Who are you??? Are you guys in this forum??? Either way i never gave out locations in my interview and i made it loud and clear i wouldn't answer any questions reguarding the locations so i can't see why any of you would be or should be pissed off in anyway shape or form for doing this interview....plus my interview was with the Nambour ABC news....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVvmWwC ... eedlemedia
By
Devils Donuts wrote:
11 May 2018, 3:16 pm
Hahahaha you an expert after all hey
Don't claim to be an expert mate
If you can't take criticism on this forum not sure how you will go in the real world?
 Post a reply
Go