Login RegisterFAQ
Bribie Bunker Kayak Adventure!!
By
2 Reply with quote Permalink
Anyone with a kayak is welcome to join me and some others the weekend around the 31st of march ill be kayaking across the channel from Keith Hill Park / Pelican waters to the top end of Bribie island and then walking to Fort Bribie where the old gun emplacements used to be during world war 2

The adventure will start from the car park on the corner of Keith Hill Park where we will drag the Kayaks down to the water and then paddle 500 meters across the channel to the mangroves on the other side followed by a calm 700 meter paddle around to the beach access 1.2km kayak all up

After we have made it to the landing point we will leave the kayaks and walk 2kms south along the beach towards the old gun Emplacements

Once there i will cook up a BBQ (more than welcome to bring your own meat or food) but i will provide sausages, onions, bread and assorted soft drinks (Alcohol is BYO but i don't mind sharing my own) for the number of people that plan to come along :D

I have room for 3 people with their own short 3m sea kayaks in my ute and can pick people up if needed

Weather and tide currents will effect the adventure so i will try to plan around those times but ideally i would like to meet around 9am Saturday 31st in the Keith Hill Park car park

If you would like to come let me know ASAP so i can plan around peoples interest :D

Forgive me if this post is against the rules for location posting (ill take it down if it is) but i figure its ok seen as its a public place with regular traffic...forgive me !!!!