Login RegisterFAQ
Brisbane Aquacave Exit
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
So I entered aquacave through the river entrance. After about an hour I got up to the high waterfall bit and was unsure about whether to continue or not because I didn't know if there was an exit there or not, otherwise I would get stuck in due to tides. I've also read something about a manhole but I'd prefer to use the water entrance because for me it would be easier. Does the waterfall bit lead to anywhere? Is there an exit anywhere that's not tidal?
Exploration is an addiction.
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
That's the section that was cut out for the new buildings in the area beyond the waterfall is a concreet section with the burst water main pouring out of the walls and floor after that it gets smaller and smaller and has a few exits most on the road so i wouldn't lift them from below but i can tell you of a good exit entry ill PM you
By
definitely worth an upstream wander
the burst water main was repaired a year or so ago, although it has been a while since i've been up there, has it reappeared?
By
Still fixed as of Chrissie
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
You need to be careful with the tides out this outflow. If a certain dam is spilling, the water levels can be higher than expected. Also, the time times are slightly different to Brisbane "tide time locations", and tides are only predicted anyway (e.g. even barometric pressure can make a difference to tides). This outflow is also extremely slippery - best accessed with a Kayak.
 Post a reply
Go