Login RegisterFAQ
SKATE ARENA LOCKED DOWN
By
2 Reply with quote Permalink
As of reading the websites on my last post about the Skate Arena being demolished/rebuilt, I headed to the arena this weekend expecting it to be the last time I went there before the place was lost forever, although I had a hunch something had already been done. As I rock up to the main entrance with the hole in the boards, there was a council worker putting up new boards and drilling metal bars across the wall. Losing hope I went to the other entrance, with the bent metal mesh that could be crawled through. Fresh boards and metal bars had been put up on that aswell, although the corners of the boards had been ripped off as an attempt to take the board off completely and get through but had failed. I hope this isn't the last we see of the arena.
Exploration is an addiction.
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
uh oh spaghettios
By
3 Reply with quote Permalink
Not long to go now and it will be nothing but memories.

Here's a photo from my last visit

ImageUntitled by J Explores, on Flickr
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
jaym wrote:
09 May 2017, 11:56 am
Not long to go now and it will be nothing but memories.

Here's a photo from my last visit

ImageUntitled by J Explores, on Flickr
wow. Its fallen apart a lot since I have been there last. Just feeling priviledged to have been able to explore the place multiple times -- its stunning and would be so sad to see it go.
By
It isn't being demolished.
By
There was a side door? Bugger!
By
s***!!! I was literally planning on heading up there tomorrow from the coast. Any updates with this?
By
Kto wrote:
17 May 2017, 1:55 am
It isn't being demolished.
it isint? how do you know?
By
2 Reply with quote Permalink
I know everything.
By
it is still there today .
By
Still being accessed by the looks of it.
By
It was still kicking in September last I checked ;)
By
Still going! Being a newbie to exploring these hidden parts of Brisbane this was one of the first places I have visited just recently. The tree that has grown inside over the years houses a family of possums together with other wildlife. Pigeons (and rats...) call it their home as well.

It never ceases to amaze me how nature (and humans) continue to transform these spaces...
By
Please note I was a newbie to abandos when I wrote this, I have since been back. I have heard it was being turned into a cinema or something?
Exploration is an addiction.
 Post a reply
Go