Login RegisterFAQ
Brissy Random Meetup Thread - Page 8
 Post a reply
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
Nuggs wrote:
sticker bomber1 wrote:Are people exploring tonight?
Northside. Chermside if you're keen :)

Cheers for the catch up shame that the drains where waterlogged a bit.... Next time for sure I'll be ready with another pair of shoes to get wet....
Is it considered a hostage situation if someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill themselves......
By
2 Reply with quote Permalink
phytrix wrote:
Hey man welcome to the forums. You should post an introduction thread and let people know a little bit more about yourself :)
In regards to this, it may be a little late notice to find people to explore with tonight. Batcave is a very newbie-friendly drain and it's very popular :) The first time I did Batcave, I looked at some pictures that people took of the river looking out from the outfall and mapped out a rough location based on the angles of the buildings (and if I recall correctly, the angles of the bridges? May not be able to see the bridges from the outfall, can't remember). Anyway, I'm guessing you know the location of the entry point, or at least have a rough idea. Just walk along the edge and it should be easy to spot.

Protip: Don't go down the 'Hell Hole'. I'm not messing with you, there's honestly nothing down there except a sore back and neck. Once you see the Hell Hole, take the split off to the right and you'll eventually pop out. Once you pop out, you might see a bicycle (unless someone has moved it), which is where most people stop. If you continue onwards for a little bit longer, you'll head into another drain. This drain is kind of messy and isn't overly exciting, but check it out if you feel so compelled.

Anyway, good luck on your explore. Just don't go alone and be sure to keep an eye on weather patterns. Oh, and since this is a tidal drain, be sure to check the tide times. Not a good place to be caught in during king tide :p
The upstream entrance/exit has recently been "patched up" - caution is thus advised!
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
Light Knight wrote:The upstream entrance/exit has recently been "patched up" - caution is thus advised!
So what, you have to walk all the way back...? If that's the case, that really sucks :/ By patched up do you mean that the fenced-off area at the upstream exit has been repaired, but that it is still possible to exit from here, or patched up as in a grill was installed?
"...we create alternative pathways, little fragments of possibility."
http://www.flickr.com/photos/phytrix/
By
phytrix wrote:
Light Knight wrote:The upstream entrance/exit has recently been "patched up" - caution is thus advised!
So what, you have to walk all the way back...? If that's the case, that really sucks :/ By patched up do you mean that the fenced-off area at the upstream exit has been repaired, but that it is still possible to exit from here, or patched up as in a grill was installed?
Well I was trying to be discreet as this section of the forum is public viewable. But as you've now mentioned it, yes the fence off area has been patched up with chicken wire and cable ties. Thus you now risk barbed wire or being tide-locked.
By
Light Knight wrote:
phytrix wrote:
Well I was trying to be discreet as this section of the forum is public viewable. But as you've now mentioned it, yes the fence off area has been patched up with chicken wire and cable ties. Thus you now risk barbed wire or being tide-locked.
Ah that's unfortunate. I'm sure it won't take too long for someone to cut it though
By
Light Knight wrote: Well I was trying to be discreet as this section of the forum is public viewable. But as you've now mentioned it, yes the fence off area has been patched up with chicken wire and cable ties. Thus you now risk barbed wire or being tide-locked.
The actual *drain* entrance itself or just the pissweak fence around it?
By
Kto wrote:
Light Knight wrote: Well I was trying to be discreet as this section of the forum is public viewable. But as you've now mentioned it, yes the fence off area has been patched up with chicken wire and cable ties. Thus you now risk barbed wire or being tide-locked.
The actual *drain* entrance itself or just the pissweak fence around it?
The fence.
By
Hey all, might be going for a stroll with StickerBomber tomorrow night. particularly round the eastern side of the brissy river. Anyone keen to join ?
By
bilbo19389 wrote:Hey all, might be going for a stroll with StickerBomber tomorrow night. particularly round the eastern side of the brissy river. Anyone keen to join ?
yeah might be.... what do you guys have planed ???
Is it considered a hostage situation if someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill themselves......
By
going to scout a certain drain. planning to meet near the jazz club at Captain Burke Park.
By
I might be in :)
Estimated time?
acually is nuggs
My Explores
By
Anyone going to any Abandonment's over the weekend would be keen to tag along....
By
Bboy wrote:Anyone going to any Abandonment's over the weekend would be keen to tag along....
Always.
By
Missed out.... :( working tomorrow but keen tomorrow night if anyone is up for it
By
Off for a drive, exploring. Probably not much walking. SC to GC and in between :)
acually is nuggs
My Explores
By
Nuggs wrote:Off for a drive, exploring. Probably not much walking. SC to GC and in between :)
any Abandonments on your travels ???
By
Quite possibly. Nothing real old though.
acually is nuggs
My Explores
By
Ferret wrote:Missed out.... :( working tomorrow but keen tomorrow night if anyone is up for it

Im heading out with StickerBomber tonight to check out some abandos near the CBD. Come join if you want.
By
Im heading out with StickerBomber tonight to check out some abandos near the CBD. Come join if you want.[/quote]

yeah man im keen to catch up you have my number just drop us a time and ill meet up with you guys :D
By
apparently i suck at replying with a quote.... :P
By
bilbo19389 wrote:
Ferret wrote:Missed out.... :( working tomorrow but keen tomorrow night if anyone is up for it

Im heading out with StickerBomber tonight to check out some abandos near the CBD. Come join if you want.
Im keen for that just let me know the time and place to meet.
By
What's everyone doing just chilling with Nuggzz looking to catch up ??
By
was going to see if a few people wanna head out over the weekend ??? try and find some old places to check out ?? whats everyone's plans... ??
By
Hey, I could do Sunday, where about's were you thinking?
im pretty new to this stuff, only done the mental Asylum in brissy
would love to meet some of the people that do it in brissy
By
Desumi wrote:Hey, I could do Sunday, where about's were you thinking?
im pretty new to this stuff, only done the mental Asylum in brissy
would love to meet some of the people that do it in brissy
That mental asylum is pretty cool though :) I heard they did all kinds of messed up stuff there, or at least that's what my uncle told me who used to deliver mail there.
 Post a reply
Go