Login RegisterFAQ
Brissy Random Meetup Thread - Page 9
 Post a reply
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
phytrix wrote:
Desumi wrote:Hey, I could do Sunday, where about's were you thinking?
im pretty new to this stuff, only done the mental Asylum in brissy
would love to meet some of the people that do it in brissy
That mental asylum is pretty cool though :) I heard they did all kinds of messed up stuff there, or at least that's what my uncle told me who used to deliver mail there.

Yeah I did some research on it, Lobotomies and shock treatment were done
Apparently it is really hard to get into now, but me and a friend went and we found it quite easy, very close to getting caught though XD
So where abouts do you think you will be going?
By
Desumi wrote:Yeah I did some research on it, Lobotomies and shock treatment were done
Apparently it is really hard to get into now, but me and a friend went and we found it quite easy, very close to getting caught though XD
So I've heard, but I don't really know the merits of it. I've been a few times (some as recent as late last year) and have never had a run in with security. Another member (Bboy maybe?) said that he was deterred the first time going there and was pulled up by security. I'm guessing that if you don't have a lot of gear on you/don't draw attention to yourself in another way, it should be fine, as I wouldn't imagine them having excessive security, especially not dedicated to an area that is already fenced off. Plus even if they did care, surely they'd just increase the frequency of maintenance on the fence.

Where do I think I will be going? I think I'm missing part of this conversation :d
"...we create alternative pathways, little fragments of possibility."
http://www.flickr.com/photos/phytrix/
By
phytrix wrote:
Desumi wrote:Yeah I did some research on it, Lobotomies and shock treatment were done
So I've heard, but I don't really know the merits of it. I've been a few times (some as recent as late last year) and have never had a run in with security. Another member (Bboy maybe?) said that he was deterred the first time going there and was pulled up by security. I'm guessing that if you don't have a lot of gear on you/don't draw attention to yourself in another way, it should be fine, as I wouldn't imagine them having excessive security, especially not dedicated to an area that is already fenced off. Plus even if they did care, surely they'd just increase the frequency of maintenance on the fence.

Where do I think I will be going? I think I'm missing part of this conversation :d
Yeah it says maximum $1000 fine for being on the property, we didnt attract any attention or make any noise and went in as quickly as we could, didnt mess around outside. we almost got caught by a grounds keeper but was fairly easy, the top floor is getting pretty s*** by now but still pretty fun.
we went at about 7 am so not many people around there.

i was reffering to Bboy's post of this weekend about the where we are going XD soz
By
Desumi wrote:Yeah it says maximum $1000 fine for being on the property, we didnt attract any attention or make any noise and went in as quickly as we could, didnt mess around outside. we almost got caught by a grounds keeper but was fairly easy, the top floor is getting pretty s*** by now but still pretty fun.
we went at about 7 am so not many people around there.

i was reffering to Bboy's post of this weekend about the where we are going XD soz
Those are mostly bogus, usually they'll just ask you what you're doing and tell you to piss off. Unfortunate that this place is getting so much attention... it's one of the few places in Brisbane that is named by suburb on public forums, meaning that anyone and their dog can find it, and hence it gets trashed pretty quickly. And I can imagine the top floor turning to s***. The last time I went, a bunch of the structure was starting to fall apart and it was becoming increasingly more dangerous to walk along said structure. As long as you watch your footing you should be fine, but you wouldn't want to fall from there! I imagine you'd be lucky to land on flat ground, and rather would be welcomed with a broken back over a large piece of timber :/ I do understand why they're cracking down on the place, though. It is relatively dangerous and will only become more so. Smart decision to go in the morning!

And right, that makes sense now :p
By
Desumi wrote:Hey, I could do Sunday, where about's were you thinking?
im pretty new to this stuff, only done the mental Asylum in brissy
would love to meet some of the people that do it in brissy
not sure if ill be in brissy now this weekend ill keep you posted if things change....
Is it considered a hostage situation if someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill themselves......
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
acually is nuggs
My Explores
By
Nuggs wrote:--
By
phytrix wrote:
Nuggs wrote:--

anyone out and about ???
Is it considered a hostage situation if someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill themselves......
By
Anyone out tonight ?
By
bilbo19389 wrote:Anyone out tonight ?
Keen if you are
By
Keen, depends on where ?
By
well im heading out if you wanna meet up let me know....
By
If anyone one wants to trade drain spots PM me :?:
Last edited by Aydun on 13 May 2015, 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Don't post others' photos without attribution
By
Looks like one of many up here, care to be more specific? Also, not your pic, is it
By
Hi am posting on behalf of Kurtis from France who is in Brisbane travelling,and would like to meet up to explore with anyone who wants to head out. If you want to contact him on Facebook.com/urbexfr or message me:) cheers, pussinboots :D
By
Pussinboots wrote:Hi am posting on behalf of Kurtis from France who is in Brisbane travelling,and would like to meet up to explore with anyone who wants to head out. If you want to contact him on Facebook.com/urbexfr or message me:) cheers, pussinboots :D
How long is he going to around pnb? I'll be around in about a week and a half.
By
Not sure how long he's here for, phytrix, probably still be around when you're here though.. Thanks:)
By
He is in Brisbane for the weekend. He will be moving to Sydney in the coming month or so for work and then leaving at the end of the year. He's experienced and there are no drains in Paris, only the catacombs, so he needs a good dose of some Aussie drains.
By
2 Reply with quote Permalink
I'm back baby ;) hit me up if anyone ever wants to do anything, should be relatively free for at least the next few weeks
By
phytrix wrote:I'm back baby ;) hit me up if anyone ever wants to do anything, should be relatively free for at least the next few weeks
hey mate, I'm free this weekend coming :D
By
Can someone help me I need some rooftop locations?
By
TRIL__ wrote:Can someone help me I need some rooftop locations?
1. Locate yourself on footpath near building
2. Look up
You're providing us with some laughs at least.
sorry to those that got an email for that
By
No+Pro wrote:
2. Look up
everyone's supper friendly around here.....
By
Bboy wrote:
No+Pro wrote:
2. Look up
everyone's supper friendly around here.....
mmm not everyone
By
Anyone available during the day tomorrow? Had a drain or 2 I wanted to check out but would prefer not to solo
 Post a reply
Go