Login RegisterFAQ
Nexus Drain, Melbourne
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
Anyone familiar with this system?
Can't enter from the outlet those that know the drain know why.
I know there is manhole access though and I'm pretty sure I have found some, but I was wondering if anyone that has done the system thinks it's worth it? I have seen a couple photos of a small red-brick system with a kind of weird waterfall by thongs but that's about it.
Any help would be greatly appreciated as I might be able to save myself some time if it's not worth it :D
On a side note I have read that there is a manhole near a certain hall ;) I have been around there and have noticed some large grille rooms on the road and footpath with a concrete RCP is this a different system?
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
Only time I did it was when they were pumping out all the mud. There used to be giant old grilles every 50 metres all the way up to Footscray Rd but they have removed them so I would say it would almost be unbearable now.

The manhole entries are so far up that if you get in you need to head with the flow.
By
ironfistdoug wrote:
01 May 2019, 4:47 pm
Only time I did it was when they were pumping out all the mud. There used to be giant old grilles every 50 metres all the way up to Footscray Rd but they have removed them so I would say it would almost be unbearable now.

The manhole entries are so far up that if you get in you need to head with the flow.

Why were they pumping out all the mud? Was it from the construction. Those would have been awesome shame they are gone, yeah I can imagine how fetid the drain would be :lol:
Really?! You'd expect there to be more, I swear I located some within 2 mins of the outlet.
The pump and all that sound awesome at the outlet, maybe you could boat in at night and use a car-jack to squeeze a gap in the bars? Theres also a manhole right where the outlet is just has a piece of thin metal bolted in which could easily be removed.
Hopefully I can make access easier at some point, get it a better rating ;)
By
First time of hearing this drain
By
Retro wrote:
02 May 2019, 3:28 pm
First time of hearing this drain
It’s known to the CC but I doubt any other Melb explorers.
Big drain tucked away in the city.
From my sources it’s s*** but has some interesting features and is hard to get into!
By
Owe yeah makes sense I'm down bro I'm a artist in a couple of different ways so I don't want wall to get up on I just like to capture other people stuff an use it for my music video clips of been down there full underground only why I do yes I am a graffiti artist but yeah I've done a few drains abandonment place heights n caves even around the world
By
You need to be careful of the building beside the outlet. It's like customs or something.

Another thing is the outlet tunnel used to go straight across to the dock opposite. The actual drain that heads east is a side tunnel (so it was like a T... dock at top left hand of the T and the canal to the right with the drain being the upright of the T). Since they developed the dock and added the pump at the outlet they may have removed the second entrance.

It took them weeks to remove the mud. It was blocking up the drain. It's higher than 2m round red brick and it was almost to the roof with mud.

I have no recollection of manholes we popped and went in (about 3).

Another point... many have tried to conquer the old girl before you :D

Just by the side tunnel's size you'd think something would come of it and there is space at that end of the city.

Even latest maps don't tell you very much.
By
Thanks for the quick heads up tip cheers 👍
 Post a reply
Go