Login RegisterFAQ
Drain near Northland?
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
There's a drain just north of Northland Shopping Centre, along Darebin Creek. It's near three ovals and an Islamic college. I haven't been able to find anything about this drain on the web and I'm yet to explore it myself. It's pretty small but walkable, looks fairly old and has graffiti near the entrance. I didn't take any photos of the entrance as I was just riding through the area looking for anything worth exploring. I'd imagine someone here has explored it or knows of it. The location is -37.735192, 145.033756. I'll probably end up taking a look this summer but I'd like to know if theres any info about it? :)
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
Funnily enough it's called Northlands.
Not to spoil it for you but it's pretty much a shrinker. Woody's (upstream) and Forgotten (downstream) are both better.
By
If you do it you may find a C/C tag from 1986
By
ironfistdoug wrote:
27 Nov 2018, 9:05 pm
Funnily enough it's called Northlands.
Not to spoil it for you but it's pretty much a shrinker. Woody's (upstream) and Forgotten (downstream) are both better.
yeah it didn't have a very exciting look to it, but I'll probably end up checking it out. Will do woody's and forgotten. Cheers for the info :D

P.S Did a revisit of Northcote High, it did open up a fraction more, but it became incredibly slippery and started smelling like windex so we turned back after a few more corners.
By
2 Reply with quote Permalink
ironfistdoug wrote:
27 Nov 2018, 9:06 pm
That ancient CC tag is the best part of the drain.
Iso of the Cave Clan
By
Had a quick look today. Didn't end up going far as I was unsure about the weather and I was pressed for time. Looked somewhat interesting with a few steps/mini ramps but looks can be deceiving.
By
iso wrote:
28 Nov 2018, 9:19 am
ironfistdoug wrote:
27 Nov 2018, 9:06 pm
That ancient CC tag is the best part of the drain.
Managed to nab some crappy iPhone photos in Northlands. I managed to find some pretty sweet C/C tags that hadn't been covered over. https://imgur.com/a/Bjf2X1W if you wanna take a look :)
By
Nice.
And the tunnel still looks as round as it did 30 years ago 😀
By
ironfistdoug wrote:
29 Nov 2018, 10:35 pm
Nice.
And the tunnel still looks as round as it did 30 years ago 😀
Yeah quite round by the looks of it :lol:
 Post a reply