Login RegisterFAQ
Any November meetups in Melbourne
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
Was just wondering if there are any meetups in Melbourne happening this November.
Atrom
By
Nope so why don't you make one.
Wander often. Wonder always.
By
Is that how people are welcomed here?
By
window wrote:
05 Nov 2018, 11:04 pm
Is that how people are welcomed here?
Singling out my reply for any particular reason? How about you go and single out the replies to threads of people asking for locations or something? Compared to those answers my suggestion was quite tame, especially in the knowledge that I've already talked to this person 1 on 1 outside of UEGA so let's not come on here and start something on something you know nothing about. You're not going to make any friends around here like that. Thanks.
Enjoy your stay on UEGA.

Echo
By
-3 Reply with quote Permalink
I'm going to go on the assumption that you're an anomaly and most people are nice on this forum.

Reading old threads at random has shown that you're not particularly well liked yourself, and... Well, it seems that you jumped off a f*****g train into the Yarra, so you can't be too intelligent. The Darwin awards are always up for grabs so there's hope for you yet :)

I was considering going to meetups, which was one of the reasons I joined the forum, but if it's just a bunch of kids like you attending I'll pass.

EDIT: I 'singled you out' because I saw the topic and thought, nice, there might be a meet to go shoot the s*** with some people in a novel environment. The request was valid, whether or not you have met the person once, and you've shot them down with such arrogance that yeah, I can really see future meets having a lot of trouble getting off the ground, which is sad.

So! For anybody who isn't Echo, is that the way people are welcomed on this forum?
By
window wrote:
06 Nov 2018, 3:05 am
I'm going to go on the assumption that you're an anomaly and most people are nice on this forum.

Reading old threads at random has shown that you're not particularly well liked yourself, and... Well, it seems that you jumped off a f*****g train into the Yarra, so you can't be too intelligent. The Darwin awards are always up for grabs so there's hope for you yet :)

I was considering going to meetups, which was one of the reasons I joined the forum, but if it's just a bunch of kids like you attending I'll pass.

EDIT: I 'singled you out' because I saw the topic and thought, nice, there might be a meet to go shoot the s*** with some people in a novel environment. The request was valid, whether or not you have met the person once, and you've shot them down with such arrogance that yeah, I can really see future meets having a lot of trouble getting off the ground, which is sad.

So! For anybody who isn't Echo, is that the way people are welcomed on this forum?
Yeah sorry man 'just a bunch of kids like me' who attend Melbourne meetups on this forum, if there even is a Melbourne meetup which rarely happens these days. We all have our own groups we do things with and just lurk here for the most part, occasionally posting. I have met up with a lot of people from this forum, many of which I still call my friends. Many more I haven't met up with, yet shared good correspondence with and continue to do so. Just 3 days ago I had a newbie inbox me for some drain locations and advice which I gave out. So don't you dare assume who I am, for it is only you who looks like an arrogant fool.

Funny as that you can post on a depression thread and talk about all your disorders and things and then go and attack someone literally because they said 'Nope so why don't you make one.' You have no clue of the struggles everyone is going through, even funnier is the fact that the maker of that thread; Panic!, is someone I have shared much correspondence with and we have both expressed interest in meeting up when time and locations allow. You may as well go and throw your show of 'solidarity' in the bin because all you have shown is utter contempt.

"Well, it seems that you jumped off a f*****g train into the Yarra, so you can't be too intelligent." Don't you even dare. Going to go and make fun of the next kid who's struggling with suicidal tendencies among other things? I strongly believe that your intelligence is the only thing coming into question as you feel the need to make personal attacks based on events you have no backstory for in the slightest.

Whether you know it or not yet you are already alienating yourself with your stupidly childish assumptions and low-key attacks on me. But do carry on. I already know who likes me and who doesn't and have spent years building those connections.

All I'll say is people talk. Coming on 4 years on UEGA and 5 years overall in the scene I'd say I know a lot of people. So while you might seem to think I'm not so well liked I think you'd be quite surprised by who I know and who I get along with. I don't need everyone to like me, in life not everyone will regardless. I've made my peace with the right people and have many solid connections.

I am more than happy to entertain a civil conversation with you, but thus far I'm not sure you're capable of such.

I'm going to go on the assumption that you came on here to create drama?

And now you've launched a personal attack on my character, something of which you know nothing of.

Post reported as such.

Thank you.
By
Echo, that post is very telling in regards to your mental state and I apologise. I have been advised to back down on this topic, which I think is a good idea.
 Post a reply
Go