Login RegisterFAQ
Nylex Clock Countdown
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
Redevelopment beginning soon and the silos are running out of time, been 5 times and still can't find a way all the way up to the sign. Who else is stressing to meet the deadline?
By
It's not worth stressing about....
The explorer in the west................
By
Easiest time might be when redevelopment starts to be honest. I haven't looked at the status of the clock for a while. Been there, done that. Like Bangers said though, definitely not worth stressing over. God there are so many sites I see pictures of online and wish I'd been around to do them.
Wander often. Wonder always.
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
Nylex was the first place I challenged myself to get to, definitely gonna regret it if I can't manage to get in before it gets knocked down.
By
There are now demolition activities happening here.

Driving past today I see that asbestos removal has started on the buildings closest to Cremorne st. It appears to be the beginning of the end for this place as we know it...

Whelan the Wrecker is here.....
By
If you want to get in get in now. It's all open, presumably because of the demo that bangers referenced.
By
There was a major fire on this site early yesterday that has done some big damage, I don't know how this has affected access, burnt asbestos is a lot more of a risk than when it's undisturbed, and heaps got burnt. This incident may have caused a security increase and will likely cause the affected section to be demolished faster... I got this on the way past today...Image
By
Thats a shame
I've always wondered what kind of people start fires in abandos and why they do it
By
It’s pretty easy to get to the top you just need to keep you eye out for stairs around the base of the silo’s
By
2 Reply with quote Permalink
Fudoh wrote:
16 Nov 2017, 3:01 am
Thats a shame
I've always wondered what kind of people start fires in abandos and why they do it
Those of us who are cynical may start to think often developers sites open in the hope someone sets it alight, so they can build more airless boxes with no more pesky heritage overlay...

Demolition by neglect.
By
Nick wrote:
17 Nov 2017, 8:50 am
Fudoh wrote:
16 Nov 2017, 3:01 am
Thats a shame
Those of us who are cynical may start to think often developers sites open in the hope someone sets it alight, so they can build more airless boxes with no more pesky heritage overlay...

Demolition by neglect.
Wish that was the case in Sydney. Everything locked down and guarded, even the ones that are about to be demolished.

I've practically given up on checking abandoned and about-to-be-knocked-down buildings in Sydney CBD even I am now based in the CBD. Looks like these guys that own the buildings in the area really have deep pockets employing security etc...
Just a harmless explorer. No need to waste taxes checking me ;)
By
One big building is almost gone now and there is an excavator in where the most recent fire was.
By
me and my friends went in for the first time 9/4/18 there was businessman near one entry and most entrys were blocked but we found an entry. most of its broken down. security guards saw us, they closed a door on us then we kept on going we were getting to the top we were going around these stairs outside the building and there were these vans and these ladies filming something, idek what they were doing below us. they saw us and yelled out so we got the f*** out. a couple mins later when we were outside across the road police came speeding past
By
Are there any current ways to get in and would the security believe you if you said that you were packing up with the untold Melbourne art gallery
By
overdue update:
nowImage

there were workers there but they just ignored us
everything is accessible now many doors that were blocked off have been opened
ten times easier to get up if youre keen nows the best time to do it
By
kj
By
good luck to anyone getting In there now
By
JAVpenney wrote:
21 Nov 2019, 8:38 pm
good luck to anyone getting In there now
Isn't that what people say everytime Nylex gets locked up and then give it a few months and it's open again?
Although must admit I haven't even looked at it in a couple of years. Once you've done Nylex a couple of times you really don't feel compelled to go again.
Unless they finally started the proposed redevelopment I cant see it not being accessible again shortly.
By
they've like built like a quarter of the skyscraper there
 Post a reply
Go