Login RegisterFAQ
Melb's Random Meetup Thread - Page 12
 Post a reply
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
Time to start hitting up the good old Melb's Random Meetup Thread again. Going back to where it all began. Kicking back in drains and abandos with a few good mates.
If anyone wants to kickback in an abando or 2 tomorrow let me know. Weather is 2-3mm or so, nothing torrential and they're topsides of course so it'll be fine. Due to circumstances I do not possess a phone at the moment but happy to set a firm meeting spot and time and actually be there.
Cheers, Echo.
Wander often. Wonder always.
By
withay wrote: As we know expo's on yr own are as stupid as in the rain, so wondering if anyone could join me.
I've done almost all of my exploring on my own. Including 33 hour stints in the Paris Catacombs and a 7 day stay on a tropical island.

There obviously is an added safety factor in exploring with others, but sometimes there can also be an added danger factor (if they are drunk / on drugs).

So I would not say they are stupid, just not advisable for beginners, imbeciles, the accident prone.
"Oh! That's YOUR web site!" ... "Yep, that one." http://www.uer.ca/urbanadventure/www.ur ... windex.htm
And read the damn Newbies FAQ and guide to writing a first post! viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4257&p=40693
By
Abandoned place expo tomorrow meeting at approx 11am in the CBD then heading out to it. 4+ hour explore. Slightly risky but has been done before. PM me.
By
Anyone in Melb wanna do a meet up in the next couple of weeks?
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
The explorer in the west................
By
Anyone keen on going draining next Thursday (22/12/16)? Pretty keen on going down the southern dungeon tunnels
By
[quote=iso post_id=40185 time=1475989513 user_id=4420]
[quote="drewbee"]Hey all. Used to do lots of exploring back in Adelaide, have since come to Melbourne and wondered if anyone's up for some exploring some time?[/quote]
What kind of stuff do you prefer? Drains? Topsides?
[/quote]
Abandonments mainly - factories, facilities - topside - that sort of thing. Haven't really come across much in Melbourne that you get a chance to check out (limited to public transport unfortunately).
By
Lads, I spontaneously booked flights to Melbourne late last year so I'm gonna be around you this weekend, hopefully with time for an explore. What's good?
By
Rantallion wrote:
23 Feb 2017, 8:02 am
Lads, I spontaneously booked flights to Melbourne late last year so I'm gonna be around you this weekend, hopefully with time for an explore. What's good?
Anzac, Maze, Great Stairway, 10th, Mini10th, Sloth's, Dougos, Clan Tomb, 50th, CIT, Big Bastard......
"Oh! That's YOUR web site!" ... "Yep, that one." http://www.uer.ca/urbanadventure/www.ur ... windex.htm
And read the damn Newbies FAQ and guide to writing a first post! viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4257&p=40693
By
Hey guys I'm a 16 year old form Bris, in Melbourne for the week, keen to meet with anyone who could show me around the city, prefer rooftops 👌 Thanks
By
Heading to Melbourne this weekend for a week PM if you wanna urbex with me
By
Small expo of myself plus a few trusted friends this Saturday 15th July. Let me know if you're interested and I'll let you know the loose plan. Flinders Street around Midday is the start however.
By
On the 16 going exploring if anyome wants to join DM me
By
Assuming the weather holds good a few friends and I have an expo planned this Saturday. Eastern suburbs. Meeting around midday. Drains/bridge rooms for the most part. Just bridge rooms probably if the weather doesn't hold. Happy enough to have 1-2 newbies tag along if interested. Let me know. Thanks.
By
Hey echo, i'm definitely interested to explore some stuff and free sat. Can't use the pm function yet though.
By
3mpty wrote:
20 Jul 2017, 5:27 pm
Hey echo, i'm definitely interested to explore some stuff and free sat. Can't use the pm function yet though.
Not to say no but having read a previous post of yours you seem to make it clear that you're not into drains and much of the planned route is to be traversed below ground via drains.
By
Echo wrote:
20 Jul 2017, 8:42 pm
3mpty wrote:
20 Jul 2017, 5:27 pm
Not to say no but having read a previous post of yours you seem to make it clear that you're not into drains and much of the planned route is to be traversed below ground via drains.
True, It's the first i've hear of bridge rooms so thought they might be unrelated to drains.
I've only ever done one drain like 6 years ago as a teen, since then i carry a negative connotation about them being dark, dirty and kind of bland :?

Still, mostly I'm keen to meet people and start exploring. Depends on what you think i guess.
cheers echo
By
drains suck, especially the ones echo takes you to hahaha
IG: zero.given
By
Tell me about it!
Just kidding haha, Echo's a cool guy and drains are pretty fun when all lights are out. 100% ill be searching for more bridge rooms now though they're dope.
By
Vicinity wrote:
22 Jul 2017, 3:26 pm
drains suck, especially the ones echo takes you to hahaha
You still going on about that first drain I took you to which broke your back :P Tall people should avoid drains.
By
Hey looking for people to hang out with on more topside exploring, have a small social circle existing and love to extend this, capable of finding my own s*** 100%. we tend to grab a few beers and explore, laid back ... not clicky bit older, hit me up.
By
Keen to drain around the northern suburbs of Melbourne, live in Preston, surely there's some cool s*** around here?
By
Hope everyone is having a good holiday...im down in Melbourne till the 3rd of jan going solo but be good meet some expolorers from over the border over the border... :)
By
Ferret wrote:
28 Dec 2017, 10:36 am
Hope everyone is having a good holiday...im down in Melbourne till the 3rd of jan going solo but be good meet some expolorers from over the border over the border... :)
Hey dude,
I'm climbing for the next few days but you're welcome to join us for the expos over the next few days.
I'll PM you.
By
Meetup this Saturday folks are welcome to tag along to,
PM me for details,
 Post a reply
Go