Login RegisterFAQ
Melb's Random Meetup Thread - Page 11
 Post a reply
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
I'm coming to Melbs for a few days - getting in this arvo, fly out Fri. Staying in the city and working on a couple of sites in the metro area.

Won't have heaps of spare time, but happy to catch up for a quick explore or a couple of drinks in the evenings. Cheers.
acually is nuggs
My Explores
By
Nuggs wrote:I'm coming to Melbs for a few days - getting in this arvo, fly out Fri. Staying in the city and working on a couple of sites in the metro area.

Won't have heaps of spare time, but happy to catch up for a quick explore or a couple of drinks in the evenings. Cheers.
Ahhh I wish. Hope someone finds some time for you. Good luck.
Wander often. Wonder always.
By
Nuggs wrote:I'm coming to Melbs for a few days - getting in this arvo, fly out Fri. Staying in the city and working on a couple of sites in the metro area.

Welcome!
If you want to go a beer lemme know :)

Hope you're enjoying the weather.
By
Fk, won't have time now sorry guys. Friday project was canned, so flying out tomorrow arvo.
I'm staying on St Kilda rd, Melbs.
Keen for a couple of drinks if anyone is nearby, but exploring will have to be next time.
acually is nuggs
My Explores
By
Bugger :(
I was out drinking in Richmond til 2am.
By
Bangers wrote:
Vicinity wrote:
Echo wrote: Yeah I was there on Saturday. Saw his light but avoided that area. The VB sign is a complete walk up job at the moment. Looks like some vandals have used tools to pop open a few previously sealed doors to give access to stairs all the way to the top. It's been bombed all the way up as well..... Kinda sad.
It was bexers and the 'tools' were cutting saws lol they just wanted to do nylex sign so they took to the doors with power tools
That's f*****g brainless!
rumour has it that someone went n turned it on n now the security is rlly tight?
n00b
By
2 Reply with quote Permalink
Couple of drains and other activities planned for Northern Suburbs on Saturday kicking off at approx 10am.
People confirmed in attendance:
Steve 26
Echo 20
Fern 19
Fetch 19
Framed 16
Guru 16
Dupe 16
Speed 16
Haze 15
Happy to take one or two new people along if interested and can keep up with us as we move at a decent rate. Also it'd be helpful if you were fairly sociable and knew how to get along with a younger crowd. Free to leave at any point.
By
Bah, busy :(
I can pencil something in around August though...
By
Ah i would have loved to but i'm busy today as well...
If You organise smth late today why not
Momo des catacombes de Paris
By
Iso of the Cave Clan
By
Indeed. Bit rainy all week.
By
hey guys
was going to head to a few drains on saturday in the southern suburbs and not to far from
the city if anyone is interested?
cheers stains
By
If anyone is keen for an explore hit me up through pm, will be in the city from this sunday to wednesday
Cheers
By
this forum seems pretty unused but i've got a bunch of free time now its the holidays if anyone is planning to go anywhere. I'd like to take a couple shots with the pentax i just got
By
I suppose I mainly stopped using this thread because I've grown content with the 10-15 people I can call friends that are always down for an explore and I know we've already shared so many experiences together that they're trustworthy. Plus the fact that I don't really explore as much these days.
By
Drain expo when the weather fines up I reckon
By
Hey all. Used to do lots of exploring back in Adelaide, have since come to Melbourne and wondered if anyone's up for some exploring some time?
By
drewbee wrote:Hey all. Used to do lots of exploring back in Adelaide, have since come to Melbourne and wondered if anyone's up for some exploring some time?
What kind of stuff do you prefer? Drains? Topsides?
Iso of the Cave Clan
By
Echo wrote:Drain expo when the weather fines up I reckon
Hey there Echo and all my fellow explorers,

Weathers clearing up near end of the week I reckon we go for a drain expo Saturday or Friday.
I'm thinking dungeon and/or maybe mini tenth (;
That is if the weather does not drop by the end of the week.

regards,

--Promethues
Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.
By
Promethues wrote:
Echo wrote:Drain expo when the weather fines up I reckon
Hey there Echo and all my fellow explorers,

Weathers clearing up near end of the week I reckon we go for a drain expo Saturday or Friday.
I'm thinking dungeon and/or maybe mini tenth (;
That is if the weather does not drop by the end of the week.

regards,

--Promethues
What's the preference on those 2 drains? I'd throw Anzac in if you're interested. Mini Tenth I wouldn't be keen on as I've done it 101 times, Dungeon is so extensive that even having done it a couple of times there's pipes that I haven't been down. I don't know what drains you've done, I wouldn't mind heading out to Sunshine and hitting up 50th either as I have only seen it via pictures and it looks decent. Also worth mentions are The Great Staircase, Mummy and Glass Creek which I'd recommend you check.
By
Echo wrote: What's the preference on those 2 drains? I'd throw Anzac in if you're interested. Mini Tenth I wouldn't be keen on as I've done it 101 times, Dungeon is so extensive that even having done it a couple of times there's pipes that I haven't been down. I don't know what drains you've done, I wouldn't mind heading out to Sunshine and hitting up 50th either as I have only seen it via pictures and it looks decent. Also worth mentions are The Great Staircase, Mummy and Glass Creek which I'd recommend you check.

Yo there Echo,

Sorry for taking so long to reply. Been busy lately and haven't had the time to come online )*:

My preference comes from the fact I have a ton of ppl telling me that mini tenth is the bomb and spent like 3 hours finding it with nothing more than a picture of the entrance on google maps (;
and dungeon is just cool.

Anyways although I have been into urbex(drains) for about a year and a half now I haven't explored all that many drains. I do have a massive list of drain locations though LMAO.

I will go anywhere as long as we check out dungeon. been there before but didn't have time to check it out properly (;

http://www.bom.gov.au/vic/forecasts/mel ... ml?ref=hdr
Looks like Saturday would be good but Friday would also be a possibility.
Up to you.

If we do this flinders street clocks sound like a good place to meet?

regards,

--Promethues
Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.
By
Hi all.

I am in Melbs for a few weeks for work and was hoping to see some drains whilst i was here.

As we know expo's on yr own are as stupid as in the rain, so wondering if anyone could join me.

I am thinking of a weekend in ballarat as well, if i can get it in.

If you're interested, let me know.

Thanks,

Y
Ig @_with_a_y_
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
withay wrote:As we know expo's on yr own are as stupid as in the rain, so wondering if anyone could join me.
Who's we? Everything in life has a risk factor attached to it. Hell, walking across the street has a risk factor. I explored solo for the first few months when I got into it and had no issues. Simply check the weather, take spares of things. Most notably spare batteries and torches and just don't do anything stupid. Drains are just tunnels that transport water. If it isn't raining/scheduled to rain there is not usually a large risk attached to them. Watch your footing and stay vigilant. But ayy each to their own on whether solo exploring is their thing or not. It's a risk either way though I tend to find that most people that are prepared to go explore the sort of places that we go couldn't care less about the majority of the risks or they wouldn't go at all.
By
withay wrote:Hi all.

As we know expo's on yr own are as stupid as in the rain, so wondering if anyone could join me.
I explore alone sometimes.
Just a harmless explorer. No need to waste taxes checking me ;)
By
2 Reply with quote Permalink
It's safer (and more fun) to explore with others (the Cave Clan might suit you if you're looking for other people to explore with, though it's not for everyone). That said, there are a lot of locations to do solo with minimal risk, particularly bigger drains (e.g. Mini Tenth and Tenth in Melbourne, etc.) In fact, Ballarat Drain is pretty easy too. I've only ever done maybe two or three drains on my own (Tenth, Trinity's Tomb and an obscure one in Rowville).

But yeah, the When It Rains rule takes precedence over pretty much all the others...
Iso of the Cave Clan
 Post a reply
Go