Login RegisterFAQ
Haunted House - Olinda
By
3 Reply with quote Permalink
A lot of people from Melbourne, especially the eastern suburbs people know about the "haunted" house in Olinda, never been there myself but my brother has and there's a funny story to go with it which I will tell in a shortened version as I don't know all the details.

He was with a couple of friends in a car heading up the mountains driving to the house late at night, they stopped at the turn off onto the road which the house is on and there was a strange man standing on the corner who stopped the car to speak to them. He said something like "I hope you guys aren't planning on going up to that house, I think you guys better get out of the area." My brother and his friends were a bit spooked by this guy so they sped off and drove a few hundred meters down a dirt road and saw a man walk out of the bush up to the side of the road, so they decided to slow down and stop to see what he was doing there. It was the same guy they spoke to a minutes drive back up the road... My brother said he asked the man how he got there before they could in the car, to which the man replied, shrugging his shoulders "I dunno." and then wandered off back into the bush out of sight. Apparently they got out of the area pretty quick after that.

My brother and his friends who were in the car all insist to this day that it was the same man that spoke to them at the corner a few hundred meters back up the road. Sounds like a ridiculous story to me too, just like the one about the gremlin looking thing that ran across the road near my house and shon it's eyes at him and his mate, once again they both reckon they saw the same thing. I don't know what they were on back then... Anyway, apparently the house is like a castle, built from bluestone and quite spooky looking so it might be worth going up and having a look at, maybe snap some photos.

I can Private message the address if you're interested in checking it out but I believe an old couple live there, and I've also heard it may have been turned into a bed and breakfast. I know I'll be going up there to see for myself one day.
By
2 Reply with quote Permalink
i was wondering if you could send me the address of the place in olinda and if you new of any other places like it in the south east?
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
Apparently there are infra-red detectors and various other nasties put there by the caretaker.
Subscribe to my journal to see random exploration photos.
Where are the cat emoticons?
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
Pics or it didnt happen ;)
By
Most PIRs can be avoided by covering as much skin as possible.

Summer is the best time, interesting thing about Passive Infra-Red devices, is that if the temperature is around 35 degrees (skin temp) you can pretty much walk past them.

I could do a write up if it'd be appreciated on caveats of most alarm detectors, and why you need to upgrade your system at home.
By
Nick wrote:Most PIRs can be avoided by covering as much skin as possible.
sounds interesting
Last edited by theedge on 02 Mar 2013, 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just a harmless explorer. No need to waste taxes checking me ;)
By
Titan wrote:Pics or it didnt happen ;)
^^^^What he said
By
Anyone got an address,
I'll check it out, creepier the better...
By
anyone know of some worthy creep factor sites to check out ??
By
trezza wrote:My brother and his friends who were in the car all insist to this day that it was the same man that spoke to them at the corner a few hundred meters back up the road.
He could have a twin brother? Twins always like to play pranks like that.
trezza wrote:Sounds like a ridiculous story to me too, just like the one about the gremlin looking thing that ran across the road near my house and shon it's eyes at him and his mate, once again they both reckon they saw the same thing. I don't know what they were on back then...
Probably the same s*** my mates were on when they insisted they saw a ghost at Katoomab High but it was just a possum.

I'd love to meet a ghost, ask him what it's like to be dead & stuff. I'd be far more scared of living mental peroson weilding an axe.
Blakjak of the Sydney branch of the Cave Clan.
By
blakjak wrote:
trezza wrote:My brother and his friends who were in the car all insist to this day that it was the same man that spoke to them at the corner a few hundred meters back up the road.
He could have a twin brother? Twins always like to play pranks like that.
Just a guess, but they would have been a bit creeped out up in the hills, an area they probably didn't know very well. Add that to the fact that streets are dark and bendy up that way...

They may have followed the road around a bend whereas Jason Vorhees just cut through trees.

Or it was a ghost.
By
It's not a haunted house, it's an old castle, and there's roughly only half of it left.

On the same block of land is a rental house, although the house is fenced off from the castle.

I used to live at number 45 range road, Olinda, which is 6 houses up from the castle.

But yes, there are cameras and PIR's.
Also two rotweilers.
By
Yes , alive people are definitely scarier! We were climbing out of '73 last week and there was a hobo living under the bridge there... We didn't say anything but heard this voice coming out of the dark saying ..."you going to get a knife in a minute..!" Got out of there pretty quickly after that!

Never seen a ghost though, good story trezza :)
By
Bloody hell, glad that didn't escalate any further :shock:
Worst part about getting threatened by a hobo is They got nothing to lose.
By
True. I usually just show my camera and say I am only looking around.

On second thoughts, showing a camera may not be the best idea.
By
Hello i was reading your post my cousin was telling me this morning after watching a horror movie last night it reminded him of this house . The very same he couldn't remember exactly were it was so we googled it and he seen pictures of the house and said thats it , thats the house . He was telling me him and some mate's went there one day, he was standing in what he thought was a longe room or family room he seen a toy car on the floor and thought no more about he turned around for some reason and seen the car moving accross the floor so he went and picked it up to see if some1 was playing tricks on him there was nothing on the car . So they went walking through the house and they came across a picture on the wall moving from side to side , after they seen that they left and never ever went back .
By
A family lives there and has been living there for several years. There's dogs trained to attack anyone outside of the immediate family, camera's and several other security measures. All these high idiots trying to break into their property and house in order to 'ghost hunt' has been pretty traumatic for the children living there as well. I would strongly recommend not bothering, I've been there several times (at the invitation of the property owners) and there's no real spiritual presence to speak of.
By
3 Reply with quote Permalink
killerqueen wrote:
24 Feb 2017, 8:11 am
A family lives there and has been living there for several years. There's dogs trained to attack anyone outside of the immediate family, camera's and several other security measures. All these high idiots trying to break into their property and house in order to 'ghost hunt' has been pretty traumatic for the children living there as well. I would strongly recommend not bothering, I've been there several times (at the invitation of the property owners) and there's no real spiritual presence to speak of.
Pft sounds exactly like the sort of thing a ghost would write on a forum to get ghosthunters to leave them alone.. i dont buy it
By
Can anyone send me an address please
By
Hi can I please have the address of Olinda haunted house in Melbourne please. 18/7/2019 1:20 pm
By
I would have introduced myself before asking for a specific location the day i joined...ill start...hello Katrinadiab how are ya...what sort of stuff have you explored :D
By
Hi to answer your question I haven’t explored any houses I am just visiting victoria to see good friends of ours and would like to go. I know it is on rangers road in Olinda right ? I just need the number of the property not to go in just to drive past.
By
Hi again would I be able to get the address for Olinda haunted house please ? Thank you
By
It's online, you can find it if you do a google.
By
I have a trippy photo I want to share but don’t know how to upload the photo???

I have been to this house a few times over the past 30 years and had a couple of weird things happen, also heard stories from other people who have been there.

I took a photo 30 years ago of my bro and cousin in front of the gates then took one thru the gates. When I got the film (old school style) developed ....the photo thru the gates was missing.... I looked thru my negatives and found the one it should have been .... it seemed blank but when I put it up to the light there was a tiny little sign on my negative saying

Private
Keep Out

This sign was not attached to a pole or a tree it just seemed to be floating in mid air because it was the only thing on my negative. Curious, I went back up to the house during the daytime to locate the sign..... guess what it does not exist!!

Another cousin went there (30 years ago) with 4 car loads of people.... walked up the road and when they got back to the cars, that were parked near the shops... all 4 of them were tied together with white rope.

Some guys I know jumped the gate and ran towards the house.... if they got past the sticks set up along the way to spike them in the legs and tried to touch the house and lights would come on. They would freak out and run back.

Another guy was shot in the butt with a rock salt gun by the care taker as he tried to bail out over the gate.

There were lots of stories/rumours about this house.... one was a that a lady killed herself after her husband cheated on her. Another was that a father went psycho and killed his wife and kids and himself and the care taker promised to look after the property for him. Another was a cult was living there.... sparked by a guy seeing 4 white limos with tinted windows driving out of the property one day.
Who knows what the truth is.... but recently I went there and took a photo over the gates..... I have shown heaps of people and everyone agrees that they can definitely see a lady’s face in my pic...

Let me know how I can share the photo.... I’ll be happy to show anyone who’s interested

Cheers Phoebeez 👻
 Post a reply
Go