Login RegisterFAQ
Glen Davis Railway Tunnel
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
I'm new here, but planning on doing some exploring of the abandoned oil refinery at Glen Davis pretty soon. There's still quite a few untouched ruins, but turns out that there appears to be an unfinished train tunnel of sorts (Lang's Tunnel), dug a km into some cliffs; in a plan to link to the further refineries at Newnes. I found a brief diagram of the tunnel (the diagonal passage at the bottom left corner), but I cant really cross examine where it would be located today. Any further help would be greatly appreciated.

Images attached (hopefully bb code works)

Arial View: Image

Plans: Image

Glen Davis Town Plan (roads are there, but rest seems to be undeveloped): Image
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
Apologies for reviving an older thread, Anders, you might find it worth your while purchasing or tracking down a library copy of the book "Shale and Shays" by Mark Langdon:

https://www.abebooks.com/first-edition/ ... 7382781/bd

It isn't cheap, but it IS detailed in certain respects, including maps of known tunnels, which I suspect would be of use to you. Those maps are easily photocopied onto A4 as required, I've done so in the past.

I'm going to scare up my own copy on my next work trip to the Sydney Basin. Then again, I'll likely bump into Mark, I do know him personally, in one of my many "other lives," I should ask for an autographed copy =)
 Post a reply
Go