Login RegisterFAQ
Hornsby Quarry Demolition
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
The last time I was at Hornsby Quarry the place had all the windows and entrances into the main hall and offices blocked, a hole in the wall had also been repaired and the fences had been redone. On top of this, they'd also ripped out all the vegetation (right down to the dirt) in the main area. I've seen the wire on windows and such before but never to this scale. Is it de facto up for demolition now?
By
It was like that a couple of weeks ago when I went. ☹️
They have plans to flatten it to turn it into parkland. It looks like they've finally going through with demolition. Or at least getting ready to start.
I was really hoping to go back there one more time.
Travel. As much as you can. As far as you can. As long as you can.
Life's not meant to be lived in one place.
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
So sad, went there a week ago with a mate, all of the entries I know are welded shut or blocked and the ladder to the tower has been removed
By
there is a tiny little gap into the building of the place that some cool dude put a rusty ladder to crawl into it
By
sure u could find it its in a corner of the main big building of the quarry
By
How do you demolish a quarry? Isn't it just a big hole in the ground?
By
ImGladImNotA wrote:
15 Feb 2023, 4:49 pm
How do you demolish a quarry? Isn't it just a big hole in the ground?
They fill the hole in with the rubble from all the other cool abandoned buildings :lol: :lol:
By
peter mc peter wrote:
29 Jan 2023, 3:56 pm
there is a tiny little gap into the building of the place that some cool dude put a rusty ladder to crawl into it
I found that gap mid 2022 and decided to move one of the ladders to make it easer to get in and out of. I'm glad its helped

Plus I plan on going back soon with some equipment to re-setup the ladders that they removed on the tower thing, along with making sure to unlock a bunch of the locks to make it easier to get there (I learnt how to lock pick, I'm gonna fuckin use it)

Anyway, glad the ladder was of use to you :)
By
your efforts have immensely helped me and others. thank you for that ladder and making my day that day where i explored the quarry
 Post a reply
Go