Login RegisterFAQ
Females Explorers, this one's for you..
By
4 Reply with quote Permalink
This may seem strange but i'll give it a crack..

Everytime I've been curious about a location I have always offered up my social media accounts and deal with all locations through PM's and without a doubt will offer a location swap if they feel comfortable with giving me details and vice versa
I feel like this is frowned upon on this website which I have been apart of for a few years now..
That sorta sucks because everyone here just assumes you're a 14 year old male wearing a north face and attempting to "bex" if nobody has seen your face before out in a meetup
Unfortunately in today's exploration society being a female and over the age of 20 is quite rare. Which is why I ask here.. Are there any other females that would like to chat and eventually meetup?

I know it's not something most of this group will have ever thought about but going to "random meetups" as a female alone if we have no friends that are interested in exploring isn't exactly the safest option for us.. So feel free to PM me on here and we'll see if we can get a few females together of any age to feel comfortable in meeting up with other members and "Random meetup threads" etc;

Cheers :)
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
is Clan Girls still going in Sydney? :P just a thought! use to see there tags around a bit back when i lived in Sydney.
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
forekomst wrote:This may seem strange but i'll give it a crack..

Everytime I've been curious about a location I have always offered up my social media accounts and deal with all locations through PM's and without a doubt will offer a location swap if they feel comfortable with giving me details and vice versa
I feel like this is frowned upon on this website which I have been apart of for a few years now..
That sorta sucks because everyone here just assumes you're a 14 year old male wearing a north face and attempting to "bex" if nobody has seen your face before out in a meetup
Unfortunately in today's exploration society being a female and over the age of 20 is quite rare. Which is why I ask here.. Are there any other females that would like to chat and eventually meetup?

I know it's not something most of this group will have ever thought about but going to "random meetups" as a female alone if we have no friends that are interested in exploring isn't exactly the safest option for us.. So feel free to PM me on here and we'll see if we can get a few females together of any age to feel comfortable in meeting up with other members and "Random meetup threads" etc;

Cheers :)
Hmm, I've met LOTS of female explorers overseas that were over 20. And there's lots here too. Though yeah, a lot of people tend to stop doing urbex as they get older.

I don't think swapping locations is frowned upon here. More swapping locations with people you do not know and trust is frowned upon. But hey, you need to start somewhere. I'm also not sure if having "random" meetups is particularly unsafe. I've had lots of random meetups and I've met some great people, some weird for sure (and I consider myself to be weird) but harmless. But I do get your desire for a female get together to do UE. Maybe we need more frequent group get togethers so people can get to know each other better and feel more comfortable exploring with each other? Not that I ever felt uncomfortable.
"Oh! That's YOUR web site!" ... "Yep, that one." http://www.uer.ca/urbanadventure/www.ur ... windex.htm
And read the damn Newbies FAQ and guide to writing a first post! viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4257&p=40693
By
I get critical of people asking for stuff here when they haven't posted pics of what they did previously. I had one ask about my Dimarzio line post and i flipped because he had nothing to show! Otherwise I wouldn't be so unfriendly.

If fb is too hard to post here then just open a photobucket account. It generates the forum code for the pics.
By
2 Reply with quote Permalink
to be real the only reason I haven't posted photos here is because I didn't know how to hahahaha. Will try out the photobucket option today and try get a bunch of photos with different locations up for you
By
forekomst wrote:to be real the only reason I haven't posted photos here is because I didn't know how to hahahaha. Will try out the photobucket option today and try get a bunch of photos with different locations up for you
That would be great.
always love seeing where other ppl have been.
Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.
By
forekomst wrote:to be real the only reason I haven't posted photos here is because I didn't know how to hahahaha. Will try out the photobucket option today and try get a bunch of photos with different locations up for you
You can also open up a gallery on this site and post from there. That's what I did.
"Oh! That's YOUR web site!" ... "Yep, that one." http://www.uer.ca/urbanadventure/www.ur ... windex.htm
And read the damn Newbies FAQ and guide to writing a first post! viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4257&p=40693
By
Super easy method... no account sign ups etc..

1) Go to: http://tinypic.com/

2) Upload your pic from computer.

3) Copy+paste freshly generated uploaded code to forums and wallah!
By
Fellow female urbexer here, Hi!
By
Bit late but, female explorer here too!
By
6 Reply with quote Permalink
Not sure why the need to make this a male/female thing, as I've always found urbex to be rather gender neutral.

Anyway, you'd see by browsing the forum that we aren't out to cause damage/graff or give anyone a hard time, just enjoy exploring, photography, and meeting like- minded people.

If you'd rather not do "random meetups" just yet - the occasional UEGA official meets are always in a public place, and details of which are posted publicly on this site - for anybody to view.

It's literally safer than meeting a Tinder date.
acually is nuggs
My Explores
By
5 Reply with quote Permalink
Hey Nuggs, thought it might be helpful to say this - urbex is gender neutral if you're the dominant gender. In group dynamics, power and comfort are automatically assigned to the dominant group (could be gender, class, race, sexual preference etc), so it's natural for the minority group to feel a bit nervous entering the space.

Even in my own experience I'm always a little nervous at first, and I'm very used to hanging in male-dominated groups. A little understanding rather than 'why make this about gender' goes a long way to create comfort for others. :)
instagram.com/soyatoo
yos is soy backwards ;)
By
5 Reply with quote Permalink
Yes I do understand, and yours is a popular view; but having a majority/minority does not necessarily preclude a neutral environment, rather - it's a point of view.

And discrimination againt males is still discrimination.

We're not all rapists, just like muslims aren't all suicide bombers.
acually is nuggs
My Explores
By
No one said rapists, it's just a majority comfort thing.

Good example I can think of is; there's a psychological comfort response some people do subconsciously called mimicry, where they copy certain aspects of another person they're trying to make comfortable. Could be pitch of voice, gesticulation style, posture - it's just someone trying to seem more like the other person so that that person feels comfortable.

This is because we're naturally more at ease around people we resemble, hence friendship groups tend to look rather homogenous (and also the reason people's pets often resemble them).

Take that principle, and apply it to someone who fits perfectly with the group from a purely physical standpoint. They're going to feel quite confident and comfortable. Now apply it to someone who does not resemble the status quo, they're automatically on the outside.

I've found urbex and exploring to be quite open and welcoming which is great, but I've started out in most of my groups with people who get the power imbalance and tend to make more of an effort to include me.

Just some food for thought, not everything is an attack - some things are just standard group psychology :D
instagram.com/soyatoo
yos is soy backwards ;)
By
3 Reply with quote Permalink
Bottom line is, I just wouldn't like to see any group excluded from a meetup based solely on their physical attributes.
acually is nuggs
My Explores
By
6 Reply with quote Permalink
I've definitely come across a couple of explorers in my travels who are at the rapey end of the spectrum. Definitely wouldn't explore with someone like that on my own but meeting up with a group is usually fine.

Saying it's safer than tindr/grindr etc is pretty dumb. Generally people meet their new online 'friends' in a public place like a bar or cafe, not an empty warehouse or an isolated tunnel. That's more like the plot of some shitty cop drama.
By
lol I wonder if many tinder/grindr dates end up in unsafe places.
acually is nuggs
My Explores
By
Nuggs wrote:
03 Feb 2017, 11:04 pm
lol I wonder if many tinder/grindr dates end up in unsafe places.
If by "unsafe places" you mean
they break up and one of the parties gets a restraining order on the other.
Yer
I'd say so
Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.
By
Fellow female bexer here, would love to meet some of you guys!
By
Where do ye hail from julz? I'm in Melbourne and always happy to go for a jaunt if you're from the same area :)

- soy
instagram.com/soyatoo
yos is soy backwards ;)
By
Female in Sydney here, please PM me if you wanna meet up :)
By
Hey,
I am female a way over 20 but if anyone is travelling through or around Northern NSW I would be open to catching up. I haven't been on here for a little bit but was struggling with uploading some pics but saw some great hints up above. I'll try and upload some stuff in the next week or so.
By
female Canadian in NSW! Would LOVE to meet you all!
By
Why don't us girl explorers have a meet-up and explore somewhere together? Weekends work best for me, who's keen?
By
4 Reply with quote Permalink
the feedback on this was great.

maybe a female meetup could be good just so more of us can feel comfortable with going to the bigger meetups and can attend together. This has nothing against males at all, i'm definitely not picking on you guys it's just natural unfortuantely to be scared about our safety when meeting up with anyone that could potentially overpower us

yet again, not a personal attack. If any Sydney girls would be keen for a little meetup sometime before christmas, private message me because i'd love to start going out to the random meetups with everyone :)
 Post a reply
Go