By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
I'll come down for the next sydney meet :D keen
By
Same! Im down for a Sydney meet.
By
Best way to get that happening is to pick a day/time, decide what/where (but only post general thoughts), and get a crew together.
By
Any of you folks out around the south west of Sydney?
I'm looking for an exploration partner.
I prefer abandos over drains, and know of a few sites.
A plus if your into photography, as I rely solely on my phone and often get to caught up looking around to bother with pictures.
By
daeman wrote:Any of you folks out around the south west of Sydney?
I'm looking for an exploration partner.
I prefer abandos over drains, and know of a few sites.
A plus if your into photography, as I rely solely on my phone and often get to caught up looking around to bother with pictures.
How far south west?
By
Mostly Campbelltown and Liverpool areas. Possibly go as far as the southern highlands and in as far as bankstown and parramatta.
By
Gonna be having a look around Newtown, if anyone wants to join.
By
aydun wrote:Gonna be having a look around Newtown, if anyone wants to join.
Uhh, tomorrow? What time? There might be a lot of valentine's day pedestrian traffic.
By
Now! Well I'm actually on a train now, so in about an hour.
By
Bummm I have plans for tonight. I hope you see the old bloke on the mobility scooter blasting Elvis!
By
daeman wrote:Mostly Campbelltown and Liverpool areas. Possibly go as far as the southern highlands and in as far as bankstown and parramatta.
I'm from around that area.
By
Nice one f1ex, done much exploring around here ?
I scoped out a site around casula the other day that I want to go back and look thru. There's also a couple in Campbelltown I really want to try and get into.
Drop me a pm If you want to exchange notes and possibly hit a few of these places up with me
By
I'm generally up for a drive. If you organise somthing with a few people and are keen on a couple of hours hit me up.

Cheers, sini
By
Hey sini, might be keen on a half way meet at some stage, there's something around Mooney Mooney and Brooklyn I want to check out.
By
daeman wrote:Hey sini, might be keen on a half way meet at some stage, there's something around Mooney Mooney and Brooklyn I want to check out.

Is this structure visible from the mooney mooney bridge?
Wondering if its the same thing i am thinking of.
By
Pretty sure it is. And given its history it could be a cool explore. I believe there's a redevelopment proposal for it so i guess it will start seeing work some time soon?
By
It has been closed for 5 years from memory and they just boarded it up. I think there is power still running to the site.
I think it would be a cool place to visit, I am up for it when ever it happens.
By
Sounds like you know the site better than I do. A small group could be the way to go. I wonder if it gets any sinister vibes given some of its history
By
If the access is over a bridge I believe security now stands at the entry. Some people I know went to try and were told to leave. Also, all the buildings are well-secured.
Scarecrow of the Sydney branch of the Cave Clan.
By
yea that sounds good :) .

also theres another recent abandoned power station on the coast I want to check out as well.
By
Cheers for the heads up scarecrow. I didn't think it'd be an easy one to access. But where there's a will there's a way.

An abandoned powerplant sounds very interesting sini
By
security will prob be tight its still fairly recent so it may still have workers removing things but as far as I know its no longer operational. check out powerstations between newy and syd it wont be hard to find on google maps (and its not Wangi)
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
Have a list of back-up stuff to do as well. I know the security at that power station you're talking about are pretty quick to respond in their little car.
Scarecrow of the Sydney branch of the Cave Clan.
 Post a reply
Go