Login RegisterFAQ
Sydney Random Meetup Thread
 Post a reply
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
Looking to head out exploring and meet up with fellow SydCrew at short notice?

Post here, and subscribe to connect!

(Please keep location details to PMs)
Thanks!
acually is nuggs
My Explores
By
Spades wrote:got on the roof of the ******
Except for the part where no
By
Spades wrote:Soz man, late reply. We almost got on the roof of the ********** building (9th storey was the furthest we got. Obviously this is one of the most famous rooftops and there has been a massive security overhaul. Pm me for extensive details), got on the roof of the ****** (roughly 54 stories) as well as trying another bunch of places. We did *** studios things that night too.

all in all a good night lol
I walked past the ********** building entrance on the left side of it (I think that's the entrance to get up to the top..) a few times during the day on Sunday and there was a seccy there from 1pm til when I left at 6pm, wish I saw this and stayed out. Got any good pictures from the top of the ******?

Anyone keen to check out something around the city late Saturday afternoon/night or Sunday day?
By
Better try not to reveal too much details as the NSW forum is viewable to public users and google crawlers. You may want to go back and modify your posts.

Having said that, I do admire people who are brave enough to do rooftops. Definitely very rewarding over probably all other areas of urbex but lots of risks involved so be careful and don't get caught.
Just a harmless explorer. No need to waste taxes checking me ;)
By
theedge wrote:Better try not to reveal too much details as the NSW forum is viewable to public users and google crawlers. You may want to go back and modify your posts.
+1

Posts have been moderated.
Please read the OP properly.
This applies to the entire public forum.
Thanks.
acually is nuggs
My Explores
By
Cheers nuggs.
Yep, getting caught on a rooftop isn't fun :roll:
By
f1ex wrote:
Spades wrote:Soz man, late reply. We almost got on the roof of the ********** building (9th storey was the furthest we got. Obviously this is one of the most famous rooftops and there has been a massive security overhaul. Pm me for extensive details), got on the roof of the ****** (roughly 54 stories) as well as trying another bunch of places. We did *** studios things that night too.

all in all a good night lol
I walked past the ********** building entrance on the left side of it (I think that's the entrance to get up to the top..) a few times during the day on Sunday and there was a seccy there from 1pm til when I left at 6pm, wish I saw this and stayed out. Got any good pictures from the top of the ******?

Anyone keen to check out something around the city late Saturday afternoon/night or Sunday day?
yeah of course I didn't miss the photo opportunity :P will upload when I get on a computer

also sorry to everyone about the uncensored reply lol
Spades
By
Subscribed
By
Anyone doing anything tonight?
Stupidity helps you make the first step and sense gets you out alive.
By
Shoe wrote:Anyone doing anything tonight?
I'm too shagged after work this week to do anything tonight, but I'd be up for something tomorrow (Saturday 13/7) night. I'm by no means a pro, but I have a few promising venues in mind that I want to tap (near the CBD and in the Eastern Suburbs), but happy to go with the flow too.
By
madmaw wrote:
Shoe wrote:Anyone doing anything tonight?
I'm too shagged after work this week to do anything tonight, but I'd be up for something tomorrow (Saturday 13/7) night. I'm by no means a pro, but I have a few promising venues in mind that I want to tap (near the CBD and in the Eastern Suburbs), but happy to go with the flow too.
I'm in

Anyone going out tonight? (13th) I'll be around the CBD.
By
f1ex wrote: I'm in

Anyone going out tonight? (13th) I'll be around the CBD.
OK, we're meeting outside at Town Hall (the building, not the station) at 6 if anyone wants to join us. I'm about 6 foot and I'll be wearing mostly black, a tan backpack, and a purple beanie. PM me if you want my phone number.
By
Wish I had read this earlier. I went to an expo at midday today & didn't get home till 5pm, & then I crashed for a 'few' hours.
Hope you guys had a good night out.

PS: Spade & his mates were also out exploring today, he called me for tips of which sadly I had none. Hope they did ok.
Blakjak of the Sydney branch of the Cave Clan.
By
blakjak wrote:Wish I had read this earlier. I went to an expo at midday today & didn't get home till 5pm, & then I crashed for a 'few' hours.
Hope you guys had a good night out.

PS: Spade & his mates were also out exploring today, he called me for tips of which sadly I had none. Hope they did ok.
That's cool, turns out I don't know anywhere good in the city though. We looked at the exterior of some old buildings, popped a manhole, smelled the air and promptly replaced it, got chased by a security guard after climbing a ladder, but mostly just did a lot of walking around.
By
Smelly shafts & seccers, sounds like a normal Sat nite for urban explorers. :)

If you're keen to do something tomorrow gimme a buzz. (I'll PM you my number)

We explore the innards of the MV Cape Don (Google it) today, an old ship moored at the Waverton Coal Loader (Halloween Halls). It was an official guided tour, the ship is currently being restored (don't try to infiltrate it as you will get caught).
I will post up some pix tomorrow.
By
blakjak wrote:Smelly shafts & seccers, sounds like a normal Sat nite for urban explorers. :)

We explore the innards of the MV Cape Don (Google it) today, an old ship moored at the Waverton Coal Loader (Halloween Halls). It was an official guided tour, the ship is currently being restored (don't try to infiltrate it as you will get caught).
Did you go on the bridge next to that. It was in very bad condition when i went there last. Not really worth it.
By
Joker wrote:
blakjak wrote:Smelly shafts & seccers, sounds like a normal Sat nite for urban explorers. :)

Did you go on the bridge next to that. It was in very bad condition when i went there last. Not really worth it.
What bridge? Do you mean the old walkway along the coal loader wall?

The only actual bridge near there is the Sydney Harbour Bridge & I'm pretty sure you don't mean that.
By
blakjak wrote:
Joker wrote:

What bridge? Do you mean the old walkway along the coal loader wall?

The only actual bridge near there is the Sydney Harbour Bridge & I'm pretty sure you don't mean that.
Sorry I didn't mean the bridge, i mean the wharf.
By
Oh that old wooden wharf, yeah I wouldn't trust that any more. You could walk out on it safely tll not too long ago, & there were old boats moored to it.
But they fenced it off & removed the ramp/walkway so it's just not worth it now.
They wanna restore it, but they just don't have the cash.
By
Anyone want to do something this afternoon/tonight?
By
f1ex wrote:Anyone want to do something this afternoon/tonight?
Maybe, what ya have in mind. Looks like it mght rain later.
By
blakjak wrote:
Maybe, what ya have in mind. Looks like it mght rain later.
I was thinking something close to the CBD, nothing in particular really. Do you have anything in mind?
By
I thought maybe you had something new to show me lol.
I know a few places, but i'm bored of most of them. Could maybe do something close by, PM me your number I'll txt ya around 7pm & we'll organise something.
By
Yeah maybe, it depends on what you've got planned.
Stupidity helps you make the first step and sense gets you out alive.
By
Shoe wrote:
Yeah maybe, it depends on what you've got planned.
Nothing planned yet, hopefully making plans later tonight haha.
 Post a reply
Go