Login RegisterFAQ
Locations for newbies (Sydney)
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
Hi there,
New to Urbex only done a couple bunkers but im looking for some good and relatively quiet places around Sydney CBD and Manly? Also curious about the unused st james tunnels.

Any places / how to’s would be great.
Thanks
By
Well, good place to start is Google.
By
The St James tunnels were recently opened (to a select few) during the Open Sydney Weekend. But moving on, as above, Google is a massively good start although it will uncover some of the already well known and potentially trashed sites.
I will however share something with you that may be of assistance. Go buy this guy's book and it may help you out..

http://www.raptorblood.bigcartel.com/
-UrbexKitty
By
3 Reply with quote Permalink
Tbh there's not much abandos in Syd these days apart from small stuff - abandoned houses etc etc. I must admit I have dropped the ball on many places, seeing lots of stuff get demolished, locked up and as well as posting finds. Shame but unfortunately some issues with my personal/work life have suddenly taken priority. On the plus side the coppers, seccas and gronks won't need to worry about me doin' the odd explore for a while ;)

Still don't give up looking. Enough hints here and streetview is getting up to date. YMMV.
Just a harmless explorer. No need to waste taxes checking me ;)
By
FYI, St James gates (all big gates, as well as side gate) have been replaced (once again) with much higher tech gates.

Nothing's impossible .. but it's highly risky, can't reccomend.
By
I think there's a nice public tour of bunkers at North Head when you visit the military museum there.
"Oh! That's YOUR web site!" ... "Yep, that one." http://www.uer.ca/urbanadventure/www.ur ... windex.htm
And read the damn Newbies FAQ and guide to writing a first post! viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4257&p=40693
 Post a reply
Go