Login RegisterFAQ
BBS with Urbex areas
By
2 Reply with quote Permalink
Hi guys,

I'm currently getting a BBS up and running, which I have allocated an Urbex message area (and will probably add an Urbex file area as well).
Of course, it isn't meant to replace internet forums like UEGA, but rather compliment them. The BBS is located in Adelaide (so I would imagine that Urbex discussions may revolve around SA?), but available world wide.
If you would like to check it out, please telnet to retro-regenerator.ddns.net port 1024 (The 68K Time Machine BBS - MaxsBBS on Amiga) or retro-regenerator.ddns.net port 23 (The Retro Regenerator BBS - Mystic on Linux).

Send the sysop a message that you found out about it from here for access to special areas.
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
I'm getting all over this like a bad rash this weekend!
By
Can I dial into it? I haven't used my 28.8 kbps modem in years :)
Iso of the Cave Clan
By
Thanks to our bright government, and how they're implementing the NBN - No :(
By
Love your work mate however, I'm having a bit of an issue accessing it. Using Telnet connection it is refused but using SSH it asks for a password?

Help?
-UrbexKitty
By
2 Reply with quote Permalink
It should be back up...
I'm trialling two systems - one is Mystic in Linux, which is via the standard telnet port (23) the other is MaxsBBS on an emulated Amiga on telnet port 1024.
I really liked MaxsBBS back in the day, and am a big Amiga fan, hence the reason for setting that system up. However, I forgot how many little bugs existed in Amigas. Every now and then the telnet device hangs, and I need to reboot the system.
As far as the Mystic system goes, there also seems to be some unreported bug which causes Mystic to crash after a number of days. My quick workaround for this was to write a script to restart Mystic after it fails. I think some times when it restarts, it can't bins to port 23, so it just sits there. This is the issue that you came across.
I've modified the script so that there is a pause between restarts. I'm hoping that the port just hadn't been fully released yet.
By
Connected without issue this morning :)
 Post a reply
Go