Login RegisterFAQ
Chatting thread. (Every forum must have one lol) - Page 57
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
Hey! Noob here! Sorry for interrupting the chat on bleach because same but I am struggling to work out what parameters this site will accept for an icon image? Everything I upload gets rejected. Can anyone tell me if there is an exact image size I need??? Thanks in advance
Me; a capybara. (ृˊ◡˴⁎৲ु॰∘♡
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
berlinwolf wrote:
29 Jan 2017, 12:06 pm
Hey! Noob here! Sorry for interrupting the chat on bleach because same but I am struggling to work out what parameters this site will accept for an icon image? Everything I upload gets rejected. Can anyone tell me if there is an exact image size I need??? Thanks in advance
There's no exact size needed, the forum will resize if necessary.
Check out the instructions here:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1826
acually is nuggs
My Explores
By
Nuggs wrote:
29 Jan 2017, 5:38 pm
berlinwolf wrote:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1826
Aydun wrote:
Ah sorry icon? As in Avatar image?
Yeah - will get back to you on that one as it does not stipulate dimensions at uploading, only filesize. Any suggestions Aydun?
acually is nuggs
My Explores
By
Nuggs wrote:
29 Jan 2017, 5:47 pm
Nuggs wrote:
29 Jan 2017, 5:38 pm
berlinwolf wrote:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1826
Aydun wrote:
Ah sorry icon? As in Avatar image?
Yeah - will get back to you on that one as it does not stipulate dimensions at uploading, only filesize. Any suggestions Aydun?
Yes- sorry! Avatar image!
By
berlinwolf wrote:
Sorry, I have no idea why dimensions aren't showing. It's very strange—I will have to investigate further.

You can upload an avatar of up to 320 x 320 px (I just increased it from 100 x 100, so you may need to try again if you have already tried that size).

Bigger is better as they will display with a higher DPI on high-res screens, btw!

Remote images can still be any size, as long as you specify 320 x 320 in the "Avatar dimensions" field. How tedious.

Gravatar is convenient, but of course for that you need a Gravatar account.
By
Aydun wrote:
29 Jan 2017, 9:34 pm
berlinwolf wrote:
Sorry, I have no idea why dimensions aren't showing. It's very strange—I will have to investigate further.

You can upload an avatar of up to 320 x 320 px (I just increased it from 100 x 100, so you may need to try again if you have already tried that size).

Bigger is better as they will display with a higher DPI on high-res screens, btw!

Remote images can still be any size, as long as you specify 320 x 320 in the "Avatar dimensions" field. How tedious.

Gravatar is convenient, but of course for that you need a Gravatar account.
Thank you for checking it out! I'll give it another try with the right dimensions and see if I can't work it out.
By
Pretty quiet round here!
By
Anyone heading north of Melbourne anytime within the next few weeks/months? I'm going to be hitch hiking north shortly. Final destination Darwin but most likely moving up the east coast to start as I feel it'd be the easiest route to find lifts, although I'll start cutting in on a gentle north west route from Sydney hopefully as there's a few small towns I'd like to stop in. If anyone is heading up that way anytime it'd be so helpful, budget is tight but can probably throw you a few dollars. Was thinking of freight hopping some of the east coast stuff perhaps.
Cheers, Echo.
Wander often. Wonder always.
By
Anyone have tips for a novice Urban explorer?
By
7 Reply with quote Permalink
No drains when it rains

Don't carry anything you don't want the police to find on you (for example, double ended dildos, that sort of thing *cough*)

Have a good time

Check out the nice abandoned train tunnels in your area. Should be able to find the details easily online. (Judging by the last time I went there I think they're posted on some Korean tourism site haha.)
By
maggot wrote:
14 Jun 2017, 12:40 pm
No drains when it rains

Don't carry anything you don't want the police to find on you (for example, double ended dildos, that sort of thing *cough*)

Have a good time

Check out the nice abandoned train tunnels in your area. Should be able to find the details easily online. (Judging by the last time I went there I think they're posted on some Korean tourism site haha.)
I'll keep that in mind, I'm not sure about the dildos but ok. :)
By
Im in Berlin right now, for bout a week.
Anyone wana throw some recommendations onto my hitlist. Ive already got the soviet army base n chemical factory on there. But if theres some cool obscure one feel free to pm me
cheers
By
Pay five euro for the awkward looking spree park tour 👌
By
Fudoh wrote:
07 Oct 2017, 6:12 am
Im in Berlin right now, for bout a week.
Anyone wana throw some recommendations onto my hitlist. Ive already got the soviet army base n chemical factory on there. But if theres some cool obscure one feel free to pm me
cheers
There's a website - abandonedberlin . something...? advertising full access details for a bunch of stuff, complete with GPS markers and street addresses, which makes it super easy for anyone wanting to explore, smash some windows, put on a rave or take a dump etc to find these places and do their business.

Everything I saw was depressingly trashed, full of human feaces and not really worth the effort. f*****g excellent live music scene there though!
By
dodger wrote:
04 Aug 2016, 9:15 am
The good thing about consulting work is that you usually get to travel/visit a lot of new places!
And the bad thing is the pay if you are with the big firms... And i just found not all get the opportunity to travel.

Thought i put this out as a warning
Just a harmless explorer. No need to waste taxes checking me ;)
By
theedge wrote:
01 Jun 2018, 10:09 pm
dodger wrote:
04 Aug 2016, 9:15 am
The good thing about consulting work is that you usually get to travel/visit a lot of new places!
And the bad thing is the pay if you are with the big firms... And i just found not all get the opportunity to travel.

Thought i put this out as a warning
Bumped into some guy at a conference the past month and told him who I worked for.

First thing he said was "Everything you do there is billable..."

Looks like it's time to find a new job - or a new vacation in life :(

Suddenly that software engineer job in Canberra might have been a better option...

Anyway that's just a warning for anyone doing consulting work especially with some stupid systems engineered by Oracle - avoid at all costs!

Lost track of the number of unpaid weekends I've worked already.

Hopefully d0dger you're having better luck than me in consulting.
Just a harmless explorer. No need to waste taxes checking me ;)
By
What happened with the old Cave Clan forums? I left after they were down for months and months then they lost all the posts. Dougo thought it was funny at least.
By
TimChuma wrote:
24 Sep 2019, 3:46 pm
What happened with the old Cave Clan forums? I left after they were down for months and months then they lost all the posts. Dougo thought it was funny at least.
I guess they just died like most forums.
I definitely didn't think it was funny when all the posts went missing. It created loads more work for us (we used the forums for nominating & voting in the Clannies)
By
At least you didn't have the admin of the forums turning around and deciding to charge people to access 90% of the content of the site. Was on one of the "review" sites it happened. The service providers being reviewed hate the site as they don't get to approve the reviews. Since when do people approve reviews in any other format?
By
How's everyone?
Subscribe to my journal to see random exploration photos.
Where are the cat emoticons?
By
Midget wrote:
11 Apr 2021, 4:15 pm
How's everyone?
You're alive. It's a miracle.
By
Echo wrote:
11 Apr 2021, 9:25 pm
Midget wrote:
11 Apr 2021, 4:15 pm
How's everyone?
You're alive. It's a miracle.
It really is. I've seen some s***. Lmaoooo. I still check in now and then. :P I might even post up a write-up if I get into doing something and test my new photo gear.
Subscribe to my journal to see random exploration photos.
Where are the cat emoticons?
By
Bump! Reviving a dead thread.
By
3 Reply with quote Permalink
ImGladImNotA wrote:
22 Dec 2023, 4:06 pm
Bump! Reviving a dead thread.
Woah! Necro post much. Who even chats anymore. If you ain't got a van that says free locations on the side no one wants to know you around here anymore.
 Post a reply
Go