Login RegisterFAQ
Middle Head Expo - 3rd of May (was NSW expo ideas) DONE
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
I know couple of people have been bugging about a tour/expo for NSW of sorts.

And being a staff member for NSW now, I'd like to get the ball rolling again.

Sadly I know we have day jobs and other personal stuff which is preventing any time for expos/meetups

Firstly some questions.
1. Which do you prefer? Drains, Abandos, Bunkers or Rail?
2. Difficulty? Easy for the noob/unfit, moderate pace or very physical (ie: jumping/climbing fences, ladders).
3. Travel time? Sydney CBD and greater Sydney. Or a bit more travel such as Newy for example (PM me for place name suggestions).
4. Transport? Car or public transport
5. Dates?

I have quite a few ideas on areas we can cover. But I won't disclose it yet...

Tours will be legal with exceptions to some sites. Don't want to get in too much trouble.

I will also contact Panic with his number who did the last expo. Think I found it in my old mobile.

Just FYI: this isn't really an official expo, but a chance for nsw members to get together and do some exploring.
Last edited by theedge on 06 May 2014, 10:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Just a harmless explorer. No need to waste taxes checking me ;)
By
Probably best to stay away from rail and most abandonments for a public expo.
If you need any help in organising this feel free to send me a PM or text message.
By
I was more referring to abandoned or closed lines/stations that are also known and not in the city. There's a few, but unfortunately requires a bit of travel.

Anyway will keep it to just drains, abandonments that we can access legally or have permission and bunkers.

Just to add, once we get preferences, I think we'll discuss privately which is most appropriate. Most likely we will replay locations that were done before from previous NSW expos rather than do the lesser known ones. Can't really mention here as it's public here.

Note that I'm not going to try and be location specific but wanting to find out how easy it is for people to attend (ie: if lifts are required etc...).
By
I Think a bunker could be a nice choice, as well as a drain
By
I'd be keen on most things, time permitting of course.
Scarecrow of the Sydney branch of the Cave Clan.
By
id be up for anythin, being a school kid ;( probably only on weekends, although whenever on the holidays, and drains abandos and rail would be cool! sure if somthing does go ahead youz will make it awesome ;)

kind regards jtcool
By
Great.

I would think bunkers and drains is the best choice and go from there.

Just need to get a date of course or at least preferred days. Also travel time and how long we should spend. I can try and do pickups if you don't have own wheels.

I'm usually around on weekends. But I do sometimes work unexpectedly on Saturdays.
By
I'm interested. Drains, bunkers, whatever.
Weekends and weekday evenings are good with me!
By
I think we need a date now.

I'm pretty much around on the weekends but will need to reconfirm my unavailable dates due to work/family etc. Again need to keep to the rules which is mainly legal explores such as drains and bunkers - apologies if anyone was looking for something more special :|

We can always share stories of explores and ideas during the expo - which is really the whole point of doing this.
By
I am up for this and can provide lifts from east and south Sydney.
By
It's all fine replying to this thread, obviously I can see who is interested and who isn't.

But what I need now is a firm date that suits everyone.

We need some sort of consensus soon - otherwise this will probably end up in the sock drawer and most importantly the noobs will again miss out on another expo opportunity. :(

Just another note, I've noticed that many of the longer serving NSW explorers that I used to explore with seemed to have moved on and probably no longer exploring now.

So having this expo is pretty important to keep the sense of community running in NSW as well and getting new members involved as others move on.
Last edited by theedge on 19 Apr 2014, 9:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By
I propose the weekend of the 3rd of May.
By
aydun wrote:I propose the weekend of the 3rd of May.
Is that the weekend Descent was going to be in Sydney?
By
-
--> Darkday Flickr - Urbex Photos - Albums -- ---> Our Explores Posted List - 2 - UEGA
By
I do too haha! I'm sure the 'more established' new south walians know better, but there seems to be tonnes of 'em down here.
By
3rd of May sounds good for me. Yeah I realised deScent was coming so it would be good to show him some local sites.

Was going to try some bunkers and some drains as well - middle head would be the easiest option and maybe try an abando if we get the chance.

Could also look further afield such as wollongong
By
Okay it's 3rd of May then.

I'm not sure if I have to work this Sat so doing the morning. Hoping I don't so we can stay longer and do a few more locations round the area.

Time: around 9-10am

DeScent or anyone - let us know if you need a lift.

EDIT: Does not look like I need to work on Saturday afternoon. We could do more after this.
By
There are several car parks :P
My suggestion is the really big one at the end on the right.
Oh and travel light to this location as there are a few really tight squeezes!
I can assist anyone with a ride if you are around the Sutherland, St george, inner west or Eastern suburbs.

A full day expo would be awesome 8-)
By
Definitely drains at some point. All the drains.
By
aydun wrote:Definitely drains at some point. All the drains.
No sewers :(
By
danny_ wrote:
aydun wrote:Definitely drains at some point. All the drains.
No sewers :(
Just stormwater :)
By
Seeing I don't need to work, I'm planning to do Hercules then Swoo (once I confirm the location). Also might scout another abando if we have time.
By
Without a car what's probably the best way to get there? Is there a way? Sorry for joining this party so late.
By
Toxic wrote:Without a car what's probably the best way to get there? Is there a way? Sorry for joining this party so late.
No problem

PM me the closest train line you can get off (most probably anything between Chatswood to Milsons point) and I can pick you up from there.

I noticed you are around Gosford. Might be a bit too far for me to do a taxi service :(

EDIT: I'll keep the start time flexible also to take into account of anyone needing a lift or catching public transport to the most convenient station. So we could be starting at 10-11am.
By
Saturday doesn't look so good especially for drains :(

Courtesy of Beebs - move the slider around Saturday period

http://www.bbc.com/weather/2147714

Will have to think of something besides drains on the day if it gets bad. But middle head is still on.
Last edited by theedge on 01 May 2014, 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 Post a reply
Go