Login RegisterFAQ
Don't Lose Your Mind Expo
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
UEGA has gone a bit quiet recently, also no-one seems to be bothered in organising stuff :p so:

When: This Sunday (4/8/13), 1:00pm

Who: You of course. I'm inviting a few non-UEGA members too though.

Where: Well, recently I've gotten really into hospitals as there's heaps in Syd. So let's plan to hit up Rachel Forster, South Sydney (as they are both really really close to each other) and maybe Bronte Hospital.

Numbers aren't really an issue. Rachel Forster is really quiet at the moment and although the other two hospitals are quite boarded up, it's still doable with a large group as long as we cautious, careful, discreet explorers :P

Abandonments tend to vanish quicker then, say,...drains haha.

Hope to see you all there. Details, ie where to meet, what to bring? PM me.
Last edited by Spades on 29 Jul 2013, 3:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Spades
By
Sounds like a good idea. :D
Last edited by Joker on 29 Jul 2013, 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By
yer should be a heap of fun ay
Spades
By
I'll message you Saturday or early Sunday and let you know, not sure if I can come right now.
By
f1ex wrote:I'll message you Saturday or early Sunday and let you know, not sure if I can come right now.
you have my number
Spades
By
f1ex wrote:I'll message you Saturday or early Sunday and let you know, not sure if I can come right now.
You soo should though, after our last disappointing meet... :(
By
Joker wrote:
You soo should though, after our last disappointing meet... :(
Yeah I know, I'll try.
By
Working Sunday. Not much time for anything else lately. Might be able to catch up on the next one.
Scarecrow of the Sydney branch of the Cave Clan.
By
Scarecrow wrote:Working Sunday. Not much time for anything else lately. Might be able to catch up on the next one.

text/call me anytime. most of the time I'm either free, or exploring
Spades
By
Hopefully will be there... Where will we meet and what are the transport plans? Are we thinking bikes or bus or what? Cheers
By
Tiger wrote:Hopefully will be there... Where will we meet and what are the transport plans? Are we thinking bikes or bus or what? Cheers
Aha Tiger. Well I'm guessing Joker and I will bike it as it's super close, but theres a 5 minute train accompanied by a 5 minute walk to Rachel Forster - same goes for Bronte Hospital. But I'm sure members will come as well in cars so you could hitch a ride with them unless mummy told u not to get in cars with strangers :P well, we're all friends on here haha
Spades
By
Spades wrote:
Tiger wrote:Hopefully will be there... Where will we meet and what are the transport plans? Are we thinking bikes or bus or what? Cheers
Aha Tiger. Well I'm guessing Joker and I will bike it as it's super close, but theres a 5 minute train accompanied by a 5 minute walk to Rachel Forster - same goes for Bronte Hospital. But I'm sure members will come as well in cars so you could hitch a ride with them unless mummy told u not to get in cars with strangers :P well, we're all friends on here haha
As we found out from Shoe last time, it seems like catching the train is the easiest public transport option, apart from a 10-15min walk to Bronte. All G :mrgreen:
By
The timing is right, I might be along
By
Sparks wrote:The timing is right, I might be along
ominous reply haha
Spades
By
I'm very indecisive :)
By
I'm interested. Is it alright if I invite some non UEGA members/first time explorers?

I'll confirm with you tomorrow if I can make it and will send you a PM now.
By
How many people are coming? I don't want to go into somewhere I'm not meant to be with 15 other people haha.
By
f1ex wrote:How many people are coming? I don't want to go into somewhere I'm not meant to be with 15 other people haha.
They can't prosecute us all! MWHAHHAHAHAHAH *RUNS*
By
Nick wrote:
f1ex wrote:How many people are coming? I don't want to go into somewhere I'm not meant to be with 15 other people haha.
They can't prosecute us all! MWHAHHAHAHAHAH *RUNS*
Haha
By
Hey so who ended up going? I went with a bunch of non-UEGA friends around 1:30pm and bumped into two groups of people (including one group who asked if I was flex). Who did I bump into?

Pretty amazing place and it was also my first hospital. Photos to come.
By
I let Spades know the night before that I was meeting him in Redfern as I was driving and he said that's ok, got to Redfern at about 1:20 and gave him a call and he said he wasn't coming anymore (no forum post or anything..) He told me to call Joker and said he will be coming, turns out Joker wasn't going either so the two people that were holding the expo just didn't show up, not even a forum post or anything letting anyone know.

Sunheights (forum lurker) and I went in anyway and spent almost two hours in there looking through every level. We also had a good look through the Dunlop factory again and sussed the other hospital that's close by (which is quite easy to find with a quick google search). Entry is easy but it's wide open and you can be seen from the main road and also a back road so after going inside the boundary and finding an entry point we left with plans to come back later but didn't end up going back.
d0dg3r wrote:Hey so who ended up going? I went with a bunch of non-UEGA friends around 1:30pm and bumped into two groups of people (including one group who asked if I was flex). Who did I bump into?

Haha who asked you that? I only ran into a group of 5-6 people (I'm guessing that was you)
Did you bump into two guys, one with a beard? If so I'm the one that had no beard haha.
By
Not really a case of no one bothering to organise, more of a everyone is busy with work and family commitments.

Im out for a few weeks work is piling up :(
By
d0dg3r wrote:Hey so who ended up going? I went with a bunch of non-UEGA friends around 1:30pm and bumped into two groups of people (including one group who asked if I was flex). Who did I bump into?

Yer you bumped into cvrr and nthn (two highly regarded photographers. I asked them to host the expo when i couldn't come.

I couldn't come because the day before I did St James, a hospital then had a party and got ridiculously drunk. So I woke up the next day very hungover and called everyone that had said they were going to the expo, gave them directions and then fell asleep. I thought Joker was going and Joker thought i was going. Miscommunication but it all worked out in the end.

I had a killer of a week in terms of urbex, including 4 seperate drains, running on train tracks and 2 mental hospitals so I'm sorry for missing Sunday.

It was still a successful expo tho -
Spades
By
Haha right so that was Sunheights and f1ex. Yeah we only stayed in there for about an hour because we were meeting some other friends in the city afterwards. Would be keen on going back and spending a bit longer though.

When we left there were a bunch of 5-6 guys waiting just outside where we exited who went in.
By
d0dg3r wrote:Haha right so that was Sunheights and f1ex. Yeah we only stayed in there for about an hour because we were meeting some other friends in the city afterwards. Would be keen on going back and spending a bit longer though.

When we left there were a bunch of 5-6 guys waiting just outside where we exited who went in.
yer I may had given them directions lol..
Spades
 Post a reply
Go